Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Phone contacts

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m gong through mine tonight ( yeah it’s some evening) and have just deleted 4 customers and 3 people from work who have all passed away in the last few years.
I’m leaving 3 or 4 good friends in though who have also left.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, you never know what St. Peter'll let 'em smuggle through the pearly gates these days. Bloody mobile phones - can't get away from them (or finally leave 'em behind). Don't know what the other world is coming to these days! :(

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Social media sucks at this too. LinkedIn still has active profiles for an old friend who killed himself, and an ex colleague who died of cancer. Looks like they’ll just stay on the site forever.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Social media sucks at this too. LinkedIn still has active profiles for an old friend who killed himself, and an ex colleague who died of cancer. Looks like they’ll just stay on the site forever.
I think you can get rid of them if you 'assign' someone to look after you're profile when you're gone. Not really sure how it works though.

I agree, it's not great. Especially if distant contacts of someone who has passed away wish them a Happy Birthday when the notification comes up :eek: I've seen that happen on a few occasions...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Had the shock of my life as a good friend of mine had died in a tragic accident. Couldn't bring myself to delete his number from my phone so had left it there as a memory of him (sounds stupid I know but deleting his contact seemed really harsh). About 3 years after that I had the shock of my life when I saw him as online and active on I think it was WhatsApp (this is a few years ago and contacts activity was shown differently then). Mobile companies reuse numbers and obviously his number got put back into the pool of available numbers eventually and was given to someone else. At the time it freaked me out! Sadly I did end up deleting his number after that as it was too weird.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think you can get rid of them if you 'assign' someone to look after you're profile when you're gone. Not really sure how it works though.

I agree, it's not great. Especially if distant contacts of someone who has passed away wish them a Happy Birthday when the notification comes up :eek: I've seen that happen on a few occasions...
Yes, I've deleted friends on Facebook who have passed on because of that. I've given my password to a relative to delete me when I've gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here