Shopping at via this link helps to support NSC

[Music] Phil Schofield

Welcome to North Stand Chat - the biggest and best Brighton & Hove Albion fan site.

Go on - join - you know you want to! (Pssst: you'll get fewer ads too!)

jackanada

Members
Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Just how poor must his wife's gaydar be if she didn't know? Ranks up there with Boy George and Tom Daley as one of the worlds least surprising honosexual unveilings.
That he has a wife was jaw dropping though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I gave you a thumbs up for posting that, and as a big spitting image fan understand they were mocking hypocrisy, but I feel this vid would go down equally well today with folk who don't like 'shirtlifters' and think it funny to laugh at them. Times change I guess, and few things withstand the test of time, whether it be attitudes or comedy :shrug:

The Schofield barb in the vid appears to have been a lucky hit though, given Jason Donovan's actual heterosexuality, which included longstanding giggity with little Kylie, unless I missed a later kiss and tell where he rubbished it and declared his true nature differed.

Edit: Just checked his Wiki and he has come out. As Jewish! I bet the press had a field day with that.

Drpepper

Members
Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Hes one of our own...........
Well according to the Watford fans singing that at falmer station yesterday he is, i thought it was quite funny but im sure someone got offended somewhere

Albion Prem

Members
Nov 23, 2018
Brighton
I hope he feels so much better now for coming out. I do wonder that the thought of the tabloid press sniffing around exposing him may have led him to this at this time, I wish him well.

I have every sympathy with his wife and daughters who were not aware of his intention to announce his situation

dazzer6666

Members
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hes one of our own...........
Well according to the Watford fans singing that at falmer station yesterday he is, i thought it was quite funny but im sure someone got offended somewhere

Lucky there's no-one gay connected with Watford eh ?

Elton John,he's one of your own----ers ?:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Just how poor must his wife's gaydar be if she didn't know? Ranks up there with Boy George and Tom Daley as one of the worlds least surprising honosexual unveilings.
That he has a wife was jaw dropping though.

Many married men are bisexual.
When it was difficult to get a divorce without a reason, women couldn’t cite adultery for their husband’s cheating with a man. Adultery could only be with another woman.
A friend of mine, when she found out her husband was having a gay affair, divorced him, but it had to be for unreasonable behaviour.

RossyG

Members
Dec 20, 2014
Many married men are bisexual.

B0612EBA-471E-4F26-AB70-9A7AE29F5148.jpeg

I’m bisexual. The wife’s so frigid I have to go out and buy sex.

©️1972

rippleman

Members
Oct 18, 2011
You have no idea what was going on in his personal life 30 years ago. Still I'm sure he'll be very grateful for you telling him how he should have lived his life.

But there is more to it than his life.

He had two kids (never quite understood how that worked). They are probably adults now but discovering the father you thought was hetero suddenly announce that he is gay (with all the media attention that will now heaped on them), must have been upsetting if not traumatising. The impact on younger kids must be shocking.

I'm all for gay couples adopting; I think it's marvellous. But if you are gay, you should live your life as gay and not deceive others, particularly those that are closest to you. Growing up as a kid with gay parents isn't the same IMO as kids growing up in a hetero family when their dad one day announces, out of the blue, that he has been living a lie.

I don't believe you "become gay overnight"! He has always been gay but has had no consideration for the impact on his children by lying and being deceitful.

Greg Bobkin

Members
May 22, 2012
I'm amazed so many people have such strong views about him and his announcement – and also how much they know about the inner workings of the Schofield family.

I couldn't really contain my indifference at the news, to be honest. Makes no difference to me, so good luck to him :shrug:

And, before anyone asks, a mixture of boredom and curiosity at how the thread had reached nearly 200 posts are the reasons I opened it and subsequently commented :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills