Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pervis Estupinan: 7th best left-back

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
We need to get the Ginger Argie (Barco) signed in Janaury.
If Pervis does go in January or the summer, we need another left back ready to step in to play that position. To me, Barco looks a ready-made replacement...offering great value as well...when we have to sell him in 18 months time!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Don’t really think the Agent has said much wrong why wouldn’t he big up the person he is representing. Nothing there I wouldn’t expect. Not sure he’s touting Him around.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Pause a moment and ask yourself the question ......

"What amount of money makes it a good idea for TB to sanction the sale of Estupinan?"

Arrive at a sum in your mind

Then think about his contract length and that we're not short of a few bob after selling Caicedo, so are selling from a position of strength. So maybe add 10 or 20%

All of a sudden, the idea of losing him doesn't seem nearly as scary now does it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry, are we all going to let Luke Shaw - 6th best Left Back in the World go by without comment?!?

Possibly not even the 6th best left back in the Prem. Nowhere near as good as Chilwell IMO, but he constantly gets injured.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

"What amount of money makes it a good idea for TB to sanction the sale of Estupinan?"

Then think about his contract length and that we're not short of a few bob after selling Caicedo, so are selling from a position of strength. So maybe add 10 or 20%

All of a sudden, the idea of losing him doesn't seem nearly as scary now does it?
As with all these situations, I get more interested in who is coming in. Players will inevitably move on from #TeamsLikeBrighton, but when the club is attracting the likes of Fati and Baleba, I'm even less concerned about the departures.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Sorry, are we all going to let Luke Shaw - 6th best Left Back in the World go by without comment?!?

Possibly not even the 6th best left back in the Prem. Nowhere near as good as Chilwell IMO, but he constantly gets injured.
Well they both do.

There are no outstanding full backs in the PL in my view.

Estupinan is one of about 8 or 9 very decent ones

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well they both do.

There are no outstanding full backs in the PL in my view.

Estupinan is one of about 8 or 9 very decent ones
Yes, but Shaw is masssssively overrated. For a fairly attacking full back, his assist stats are shockingly poor.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

Before thinking about that, I tend to look at whether we have cover and the answer is no, so we would need to buy in. This would then add another big % on to my sell figure. I'd rather keep him because as a fan we don't know if we can replace him like for like plus the money means nothing to me 🙂 as long a we don't go back to the dark days 😭

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Before thinking about that, I tend to look at whether we have cover and the answer is no, so we would need to buy in. This would then add another big % on to my sell figure. I'd rather keep him because as a fan we don't know if we can replace him like for like plus the money means nothing to me 🙂 as long a we don't go back to the dark days 😭
Well quite, then to that figure you have to add on the percentage that the selling team would add as they know we're cash rich

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here