Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perfectly-observed social distancing, or not so much?

Is this social distancing?

• Yep - well-observed with that rope and tape setup

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Nah

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Better than these spanners in Cosham

EXg7Tj0X0AYD8qh.jpg

Wave your flags. Eat your scones and drink your tea. Get on the TV. Enjoy yourselves. You only live once.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Better than these spanners in Cosham

View attachment 123357

Wave your flags. Eat your scones and drink your tea. Get on the TV. Enjoy yourselves. You only live once.

I've also seen that and, by all accounts, each family group was 2m from any other. The camera angle won't be helping the perception of that.

Regardless, they had to get into and out of that setup, and that would be difficult to do whilst observing social distancing and, beyond that, I don't think the BBC should be presenting that as social distancing being observed - it doesn't set a good example.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
The two metre thing seems a bit of a worry.

Also have to take into consideration the time spent with other people and the activity.

That conga line is absolutely insane but the people measured out their two metres and considered it safe. :down:

A rope with some tape? That'll work surely...

[tweet]1258758842680254465[/tweet]

Hmmmm I think that is OK, but I can also see the flip side and think, why is that OK? It shouldn't be currently.

It looks like great fun but had this not been VE Day, they would probably be ridiculed and there are mixed messages coming from the BBC currently.

That photo shared above, it may be a bad angle, but even an average lad could see the distancing there is probably minimal.

The thing is, people with no brain cells will see that and think, well if they are doing it, I'll do it and it creates a domino effect of where people just don't give a shit anymore. Which seems to be the case more and more.

I'm seeing people relax their attitudes towards the crisis, myself included, until I kick myself and realise we aren't out of this yet!

The headlines this morning of the Police turning away families trying to come into Brighton for a day out infuriate me.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
authors of video misunderstand the virus is not airborne, travels in droplets that fall hence the 1.5-2m safe area.

If you are walking or running behind someone who releases droplets you are going to move through the area they released them. It is 1-2m (estimates do vary) when you are avoiding each other and not going through where they have been.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
authors of video misunderstand the virus is not airborne, travels in droplets that fall hence the 1.5-2m safe area.

The Spanish health authorities have also misunderstood then. They've published different guidelines on social distancing for walking, running and cycling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here