Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] PBOBE to join Roberto De Zerbi for his post-Man Utd press conference

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s strange to me you see this as a bad thing. I think his media visibility is great for the club. We must be one of the only clubs that have an owner and CEO who actually come talk to us and tell us what’s happening. They are pretty transparent and communicative in the main. I think it’s really positive.
Not that I'm defending him (because I agree with you) but it's not unusual that people can draw different conclusions from the same available information.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Not that I'm defending him (because I agree with you) but it's not unusual that people can draw different conclusions from the same available information.

That is very true! And I can see where some of it could come across as being a bit self-promotional for Barbar. I suppose it’s a balance for him l, and everyone will see where drawing that line between the two should be, a bit differently.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s strange to me you see this as a bad thing. I think his media visibility is great for the club. We must be one of the only clubs that have an owner and CEO who actually come talk to us and tell us what’s happening. They are pretty transparent and communicative in the main. I think it’s really positive.
Same. He has helped put Brighton on the map with his visibility. I know a lot of football fans who have said they saw him/heard him and spoke positively about him; he leaves a lasting and good impression.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That is very true! And I can see where some of it could come across as being a bit self-promotional for Barbar. I suppose it’s a balance for him l, and everyone will see where drawing that line between the two should be, a bit differently.
Indeed. There also the start point. If one's start point is that one doesn't much like the look of him, his clothes nd his Spursy provenance then, given a free choice to make a judgement, the confirmation biases will kick in. I spent a lot of time back in the Potter era trying to persaude myself that the teeth sucking and annoying accent were not the measure of the man. Often I failed :lolol:

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Indeed. There also the start point. If one's start point is that one doesn't much like the look of him, his clothes nd his Spursy provenance then, given a free choice to make a judgement, the confirmation biases will kick in. I spent a lot of time back in the Potter era trying to persaude myself that the teeth sucking and annoying accent were not the measure of the man. Often I failed :lolol:

Tbf, being a bit Spursy is quite a drawback for any man.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tbf, being a bit Spursy is quite a drawback for any man.
My regular postman is a Spurs fan. He gives me quite a look when I ask him how Spursy he's feeling ??? :wink:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The media is a two way street, if you think we as a club/individual's within that club have never used the media for our own benefit and purely to just be really nice/say yes to a few journalists that's fairly short sighted.

I'll repeat myself again. Paul Barber is VERY good at his job, perhaps the best around. But there are times where his media appearances seem to be more benefit to his personal profile than to us as fans or as a club
I work in the media. I know exactly how it works. But thanks anyway...

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
While we wait for tomorrow's presser with PB, here's him 3 weeks ago talking on Men in Blazers. It's 50 minutes long but I really enjoyed it: the usual subjects but with more meat on the bones than I've heard in previous interviews.
Personally... I think we're VERY lucky to have him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does he look as though he's going to be successful and put the letters through the box, then blow it just at the end and fail to do so?
I hear rummaging, open the door, and he's standing there with a handful of shite, not all of it mine, wondering whether to drop, it put it back in his bag, or pass it back to Maddison, who will probably throw it all over next door's fence. The wanka.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I agree, but it also seems that ever since he joined, in June 2012, you have been on NSC, defending any and all criticism of PBOBE, and before he was appointed here, your account didn't exist. If your posts were not so short, I would have to assume you were he.
Amazing. RUMBLED. Although tbf i've never been on Britain's most Expensive Houses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here