Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] paying a cheque into Santander

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
You can pay cash and cheques in via most, if not all, Santander ATMs. I've only ever used it to pay cash in and it works really well. The local branch for me (Bexhill) is open 10-4 most days and I believe 10-2 today.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Got online banking with Santander but I have a big cheque to pay in .
How can I pay a cheque in with no branches open?

Does it make a difference that it`s a big cheque ? Folding it in half will help !

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
I paid in a cheque via the machine outside at the Santander at Churchill Square yesterday. Was showing on my account five seconds later.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Santander don’t have a brilliant reputation for customer service, so I would say make sure you keep proof you’ve paid the cheque in. I used to bank with them and they lost a cheque of mine for 5 days . A 5 figure sum , no apology . It was only when I threatened them with the financial ombudsmen that it turned up the same day ! Santander & Barclays both poor in customer service .

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
If you get a deposit form/envelope (maybe print one from their website?) you should be able to put it into their overnight deposit which is usually somewhere on the outside of the Bank or in a lobby you can get into with your card. Not had to do this for years though.

I meant you cant photo a cheque and bank online as I can with my lloyds account

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Santander don’t have a brilliant reputation for customer service, so I would say make sure you keep proof you’ve paid the cheque in. I used to bank with them and they lost a cheque of mine for 5 days . A 5 figure sum , no apology . It was only when I threatened them with the financial ombudsmen that it turned up the same day ! Santander & Barclays both poor in customer service .

We use Santander and they are shocking if you ever need to talk to them however this is very rare, last time two years ago. What they are good at, in my view, is fraud prevention as twice they have picked up fraud activity on our account and prevented it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here