Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Paul O’Grady - RIP

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Very sad to hear this, really liked his show ' for the love of dogs '.
I expect the staff at Battersea are devastated as he gave them fantastic exposure to the wider public
RIP Paul with special thanks from all the dogs you have assisted with in finding new homes

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Never took to the Lily Savage persona he created tbf or found them funny, while respecting the success, much preferred just him as himself as heard on his radio show and seen on the dog tv programmes. RIP.

seagurl

Mar 21, 2012
Sadly just a short clip from Richard and Judy years ago. Thought he was a natural comedian who was at his funniest when he went off script. Very sad at the news today

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What terrible news.

Lily Savage was a fantastic character but when he retired her we saw a beautiful man with a beautiful soul.

The world needs more Paul O'Gradys not fewer.

A contender for biggest loss of the year.
Only the second RIP this year that has put something in my eye.

As a big fan of LS, I can confidently recall that he was the first person/act I ever heard utter one of my absolute favourite put-downs:

"A face like a smacked arse".

Only someone with utmost disdain for LGBTs could confuse PO'G with Larry Grayson.

Which reminds me of another of my favourite quips, which I shall apply, today, to Dominic Raab. "A very punchable face".

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Seemed a bloody decent bloke.

Must admit as soon as I heard the news I avoided socials for the rest of the day to avoid the usual distasteful tsunami of celebs and non-celebs using the death as a self serving platform for their own publicity.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
I've never been a fan of men dressing up in women's clothing but PogDogs was brilliant and he was very watchable.
It's a great shame and he will be missed by many TV viewers.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Just seen this on Popbitch :ROFLMAO:

>> Lily livered <<​
When the Stones met Paul​

A lot of the tributes to Paul O'Grady this week have made much of his trailblazing work as a drag artist, his dedication to the LGBT community, his love for animals and his intergenerational appeal – but we wouldn't be doing our job if we didn't point out that he was also one of the great lash hounds of his era. Possibly of all time.

To give you a top-tier testimonial: Paul was once introduced to Ronnie Wood of the Rolling Stones (through their mutual friend, Cilla Black). To our knowledge, there is no written record of the carnage that ensued but Paul put the band through their paces to such an extent that Mick Jagger has since said that the Rolling Stones have just three things they need to be kept away from...

"Drugs, booze and Lily Savage."​

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He’d had two major heart attacks in the past. He used to joke he was on borrowed time.
Three heart attacks and kidney failure in the last twenty years and probably a few years in smokey clubs back in the day. A likeable soul, I do hope his passing wasn't triggered by the BBC's clumsy handling of driving Paul and other older stars from Radio 2. RIP.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just seen this on Popbitch :ROFLMAO:

>> Lily livered <<​
When the Stones met Paul​

A lot of the tributes to Paul O'Grady this week have made much of his trailblazing work as a drag artist, his dedication to the LGBT community, his love for animals and his intergenerational appeal – but we wouldn't be doing our job if we didn't point out that he was also one of the great lash hounds of his era. Possibly of all time.

To give you a top-tier testimonial: Paul was once introduced to Ronnie Wood of the Rolling Stones (through their mutual friend, Cilla Black). To our knowledge, there is no written record of the carnage that ensued but Paul put the band through their paces to such an extent that Mick Jagger has since said that the Rolling Stones have just three things they need to be kept away from...

"Drugs, booze and Lily Savage."​
Not unexpected, and just enhances his reputation :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here