Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Paul Cattermole RIP

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Deliberately left it yesterday for someone else, as I get jibes from some on here for being an ’ambulance chaser’, but am genuinely shocked that no one posted a thread.

Love them or hate them S Club 7 were huge in their day, selling millions of records, so probably even more tragic that Paul ended up bankrupt doing on line tarot readings for £39.99.

Mrs H and I were commenting that you sadly always have someone famous go at Xmas or Easter, but Paul was sadly the lead story on the BBC 6pm news, does that highlight the transparent social media driven world we live in? (I don’t remember Marc Bolan or Les from the Bay City Rollers being first up)

RIP Young man.

He won’t, but it would be nice to think S Club creator Simon Fuller, and the man who made the money, will cover the funeral costs?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Deliberately left it yesterday for someone else, as I get jibes from some on here for being an ’ambulance chaser’, but am genuinely shocked that no one posted a thread.

Love them or hate them S Club 7 were huge in their day, selling millions of records, so probably even more tragic that Paul ended up bankrupt doing on line tarot readings for £39.99.

Mrs H and I were commenting that you sadly always have someone famous go at Xmas or Easter, but Paul was sadly the lead story on the BBC 6pm news, does that highlight the transparent social media driven world we live in? (I don’t remember Marc Bolan or Les from the Bay City Rollers being first up)

RIP Young man.

He won’t, but it would be nice to think S Club creator Simon Fuller, and the man who made the money, will cover the funeral costs?
I too saw this yesterday. A tragic story. Pop stars for a couple of years then, as it tends to go, unfashionable and untouchable for many years after. I believe that they were coming back for a reunion. A mid forties bloke trying to recapture something, but possibly not feeling that he could hit the mark he thought was needed. RIP Paul.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

RIP Young man.

You must have a very good memory if you can remember the order of television news headlines from 1977.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
You must have a very good memory if you can remember the order of television news headlines from 1977.
I do old love, Marc Bolan died on a Thursday night, and remember the news on the Friday, including the mini wrapped round the tree, but it wasn’t first on, as we were waiting for it.

Did you know that Bolan’s last TV appearance was a duet with David Bowie on his TV pop show Bolan.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I too saw this yesterday. A tragic story. Pop stars for a couple of years then, as it tends to go, unfashionable and untouchable for many years after. I believe that they were coming back for a reunion. A mid forties bloke trying to recapture something, but possibly not feeling that he could hit the mark he thought was needed. RIP Paul.
Your final paragraph is a bit wide of the mark. Died of natural causes.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Met him when S Club 7 were part of a Christmas Day special in 2000, filmed onboard HMS Invincible. Gave them a quick tour of the flight deck, explaining ops etc. He was the one who seemed genuinely interested. Nice lad. Sad news.

Anti Vaxers on Twitter jumping on every death like it's a huge world wide conspiracy, as with this one.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Met him when S Club 7 were part of a Christmas Day special in 2000, filmed onboard HMS Invincible. Gave them a quick tour of the flight deck, explaining ops etc. He was the one who seemed genuinely interested. Nice lad. Sad news.

Anti Vaxers on Twitter jumping on every death like it's a huge world wide conspiracy, as with this one.
Smudge unfortunately in my line of work I see it a lot, but whenever one of our generation dies suddenly, either locally or nationally, one or two mates/associates immediately ask “Have they been vaccinate?”

What people forget is that long before COVID we were the generation who drank in smoke filled pubs and nightclubs at least 3/4 times a week, embraced the advent of the takeaway, at times some of us may have experimented with drugs of all classes, that culture/lifestyle will obviously have its casualties. ( Possibly more so with the generation behind us)

The Anti Vaxxers are as off the wall as the bunny lovers/tree huggers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here