Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber on The Sports Entrepreneur podcast

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Great listen, I wasn’t aware how broad Paul’s experience was before he joined us.

Him and Tony are the greatest partnerships in British football. Interesting to hear the plans for the women’s team, there’s a lot of ambition
I worked alongside him at Abbey National‘s UK headquarters way back in the early 90s, he was in Marketing then, 30+ years ago.

Nanny Seagull

Jan 21, 2024
I worked alongside him at Abbey National‘s UK headquarters way back in the early 90s, he was in Marketing then, 30+ years ago.
From a chance meeting with him in Dick's Bar and him taking the time to speak to our daughter and granddaughter - both huge fans (when he could have said 'Sorry, got a meeting to go to.') PBOBE seems like a really decent bloke who cares about the club and fans. Hope we can keep him. TBMBE & PBOBE 'The Dynamic Duo'!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
From a chance meeting with him in Dick's Bar and him taking the time to speak to our daughter and granddaughter - both huge fans (when he could have said 'Sorry, got a meeting to go to.') PBOBE seems like a really decent bloke who cares about the club and fans. Hope we can keep him. TBMBE & PBOBE 'The Dynamic Duo'!
Last time I emailed him he replied what appeared to be in person.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Well he’s certainly putting us on the map, so to speak. He comes across as eloquent, informative and a great ambassador for the club. It’s a shame some people criticise him for lengthy emails when responding to queries but isn’t that 100% better than receiving no reply at all? Okay, I’ll say it, we’re lucky to have him!
I thought the criticism was a joke? If it is genuine then PBOBE OUT

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He is great, yes, we’re lucky to have him!

But OT, an irrational hatred of mine is the over use of the word entrepreneur. Every other self obsessed ‘high performing’ twat on LinkedIn is an entrepreneur these days. Even Stacey who has just set up her lunchtime dog walking business calls herself an entrepreneur. Modern bollocks.
I know someone who describes themself as an entrepeneur. What they actually mean is unemployed.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
In what’s nearly now forty years of going to football I’ve never had a need to contact the club about anything bar buying a ticket.
Are fans emailing Barber because he’s made himself accessible? I’m wondering what folk did before they had an email option as calling the seagull line wouldn’t have got you very far 🤣
I guess it’s a good thing contact is accessible what I don’t get is why 99% of people would need to?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Last time I emailed him he replied what appeared to be in person.
If the email was over 50000 words, definitely him. Under 50000 probs not.

el punal

Honestly if there are people genuinely complaining then they can take a long walk off a short pier.
I agree with your sentiment. In our first season in the Premier League I was waiting for our train at Euston for the trip to Anfield. The last game of the season and we were playing Liverpool. A Brighton fan came and sat next to me, we started chatting about all things Albion. On my part I enthused about how well we’d done in comfortably avoiding relegation bearing in mind this was our maiden season.

His response was baffling to say the least. At no point did he compliment the club. Everything, in his view, was wrong - Bloom should have spent more money, recruitment was wrong, tactics were awful and so on. Yet here he was, prepared to go on a long journey to Liverpool to ‘support’ his team.

It was at this point I walked away. I couldn’t bear to be with that ungrateful tosser for a second more. :angry:

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I agree with your sentiment. In our first season in the Premier League I was waiting for our train at Euston for the trip to Anfield. The last game of the season and we were playing Liverpool. A Brighton fan came and sat next to me, we started chatting about all things Albion. On my part I enthused about how well we’d done in comfortably avoiding relegation bearing in mind this was our maiden season.

His response was baffling to say the least. At no point did he compliment the club. Everything, in his view, was wrong - Bloom should have spent more money, recruitment was wrong, tactics were awful and so on. Yet here he was, prepared to go on a long journey to Liverpool to ‘support’ his team.

It was at this point I walked away. I couldn’t bear to be with that ungrateful tosser for a second more. :angry:
God why are some people so bloody miserable? 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here