Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber "embarrassed" by our support

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Paul Barber "embarrassed" by our support

All supporters are important whether following club for 1 or 30 seasons. Important to encourage youngsters for the future and from what I can see club does this well. Appreciate tickets sold for each game has been great but with more seats and no waitng list our level of interest has now peaked. I see still 1500/2k tickets available for Spurs game. Only a few years ago all tickets would have been snapped up in days for a Spurs game

Spurs is a month away and tickets have just gone on sale .

In 2019 the home fixture hadn’t sold out a few days before the Saturday of the game
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1365791/tottenham-match-close-to-sell-out

In 2018 they sold out on the day of the match
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1270366/tottenham-match-sold-out

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
It's all over the games been destroyed by Sky TV and greedy agents People entering football grounds are just being manipulated by the marketing men ,so glad I made a decision to get out at the right time i've got some fond memories as well no regrets
Regards
DF

Whilst cant see me giving up, do think danger of bubble bursting. Many things but Three 5-30 K.Os that mess up afternoon and evening doesnt help and have not told the wife about 8pm boxing day.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I've no idea what is a hardcore fan. A season ticket holder ? Someone who attends multiple away games ? Someone happy to watch us in L1 or in the Championship or at Withdean in the rain.

But i think your saying that the the fans that have grown up with the Amex must be by definition less loyal, genuine, "hardcore" and only there for the nice seats and nice pies and that we'd lost 15K fans at a stroke if we were relegated - because they aren't authentic and "like the stadium" - is at best not borne out by the facts (tickets, shirts, age of fans), and at worst - insulting.
So you think mid table league one 25k are going to rock up at the Amex every other Saturday just because they started their Albion life at the Amex? Half of my time following the club it would be a good day if 300 made an away game unless it was somewhat local and that was the old division 2. We all started our journey at the Goldstone. What’s the difference?

Hardcore to me is the folk that turn up in some shite northern town on a Saturday with the other few hundred hoping for a win rarely got one and still enjoyed the day out. Actually these were some of my fondest times following the club. Obviously for the clubs sake I hope those days are an awfully long way away but let’s not sugar coat things we aren’t a massive club never have been.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here