Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Passport to the pub.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You make it sound like ignoring social distancing during a pandemic is a badge of honour rather than an act of dumb arrogance!!

Nope - what I'm pointing out is that landlords will do what is necessary to get people to spend cash with them after being part of the victimised industry. They don't do that then many pubs will die.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Who cares if they know where you have been or are ? If anything it should make it easier to catch criminals

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

A very similar argument to the one of "if you haven't done anything wrong then you have nothing to fear". Wrong on so many levels it would need a new thread.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"if you haven't done anything wrong then you have nothing to fear"

I was thinking this when I read your post about a reluctance to show your medical history!

Nudge nudge :wink:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Nope - what I'm pointing out is that landlords will do what is necessary to get people to spend cash with them after being part of the victimised industry. They don't do that then many pubs will die.

I’m not sure I’ll be that keen to go into a pub in the near future that allows non-vaccinated patrons in.

Vaccinations are not 100% efficacious but the chance of a vaccinated individual passing COVID onto someone else who has also been vaccinated is far lower than if there are non-vaccinated people in the same area.

Requiring proof of vaccination could well be a selling point.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
How will you secure the passport around your mouth though ?

ur,mask_three_quarter,square,1000x1000.jpg :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I’m not sure I’ll be that keen to go into a pub in the near future that allows non-vaccinated patrons in.

Vaccinations are not 100% efficacious but the chance of a vaccinated individual passing COVID onto someone else who has also been vaccinated is far lower than if there are non-vaccinated people in the same area.

Requiring proof of vaccination could well be a selling point.

Do you think any landlord will want to ask then ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Do you think any landlord will want to ask then ?
Well it'll probably be all the pubs the landlords don't ask for ID, full of people shedding the virus. And all the other pubs, full of healthy safe people enjoying themselves [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Perhaps we could link this to the other recent thread - money-making ideas(?) - there will be a huge market for a fake vaccination app if this ever goes ahead, particularly for the under-30s (who may not have had a chance to have had a jab by the time this goes live).

The hive mind of NSC could surely create a fake app that mirrors the official one - £1 a time on the various app stores, there's £1m in the war chest for Bozza , next time someone threatens to take his house away because of something that somone posted on here?

Joking aside, what are the chances (if this idea does get approved) of only official apps being presented by those desperately keen to mingle with their mates and the opposite sex in the presence of copious amounts of alcohol?

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Isn't the simplest answer to maintain some rules around social distancing until everybody has had the OPPORTUNITY to have the vaccine at which point surely ALL restrictions are lifted. Hospital admissions will of course have to be monitored but in theory they shouldn't increase at which point we have reached the desired position that we are just 'living with it'

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
noted on another thread, the report this suggestion is for is due in June. its kite flying to judge reaction. if we have the population having first jab by end of July, a passport doesnt isnt worth the hassles that go with it. get vaccinated and this wont be needed.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I would let landlords do what they like, provided they aren't discriminatory. The definition of that can be argued over by other people.

Landlords don`t have to give a reason for not letting you in , they make the rules . If you are the landlord , wouldn`t you want to keep your regulars safe and happy ? discrimination doesn`t come into it .

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Did drinking under age stop you going into pubs ?

Will be many thousands of hookie vacciantion certificates available if it ever came to it

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Did drinking under age stop you going into pubs ?

Will be many thousands of hookie vacciantion certificates available if it ever came to it

This. The whole scheme becomes a huge bureaucratic nightmare, paid for by us, that will still be easily bypassed by anyone determined enough.

For just one example of how effective officialdom can be, see how our 40 year war on drugs has completely eradicated illegal substances from the country.

Give it time and the lack of success will probably be weaponised by politicians, and used as an example of why the police need further powers over and above those they already have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'd quite welcome ID cards. As you say, it's pretty standard practice to carry passports for everyday life these days and an ID card would be much simpler.

"everyday life"? Not even sure where my passport is - haven't been abroad since 2011, so presumably it will have expired by now. I still seem to be getting along fine with life!

PS - don't have a mobile phone either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here