Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pascal Gross's right arm...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is Pascal Gross we are talking about, the man is incapable of moving fast enough. :wink:

In which case this might just work with a couple of hankies secreted about der raumdeuter's person

semaphor.gif

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think it was on That Peter Crouch Podcast where Crouchy said that one arm raised = front post and two arms raised = rear post. Which seems a bit simplistic/obvious to read if you're the opposition, but then some footballers aren't that bright, so... :shrug:

Regardless of what he does/why he does it, corners haven't had a very high success rate recently. And I don't mean leading to goals, more actually getting to a player in blue and white stripes!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This is Pascal Gross we are talking about, the man is incapable of moving fast enough. :wink:

He could mesmerise everyone by doing a slow graceful waltz up to the ball before delivering a devastating inswinger which curls in to the net at the far post…….

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I commented this in a match thread a few weeks back, but what on earth does his right arm signal at freekicks and corners mean?

He always does it, regardless of where the ball is played, near post, far post, penalty spot... even the odd short freekick, always the same signal.

In fact, I am beginning to think it's not a signal at all, but a good luck/visualisation technique similar to rugby penalty kick takers like Jonny Wilkinson.

Once you've noticed, you can't unsee it. Every. Single. Time. It's very disheartening - well, irritating - as Dunk, Duffy and Webster get in their "crazy train" position for a corner, our Pascal raises his right arm and... fails to beat the first man.

What is it all about, Robbie?

I have deduced that it means, I am going to hit it to the first man. Left arm probably means he is going to over hit it, to the far touchline.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think it was on That Peter Crouch Podcast where Crouchy said that one arm raised = front post and two arms raised = rear post. Which seems a bit simplistic/obvious to read if you're the opposition, but then some footballers aren't that bright, so... :shrug:

Regardless of what he does/why he does it, corners haven't had a very high success rate recently. And I don't mean leading to goals, more actually getting to a player in blue and white stripes!

I'm guessing he just used that as examples but yes that is essentially what the arm raising thing is about, telling your teammates where it is going.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
4 fingers means deep cross 3 means penalty spot and clenched fist means near post, just count the fingers. Norwich have a different system .

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
One arm up, bash it into the box, 50/50 chance of a Brighton head on the end of it.

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
It means,
I am about to take the corner.

I have no f**king idea where it's going and neither do any of my team.

Ha, makes no difference its always the same chip with no power or pace and easily defended !! Just don't see why he has to take the lead on every deadball situation.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Anyone else keeping count? The finger thing - debunked. He is the same every time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here