Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß handball incident.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Pascal controls the ball in the Citeh penalty on his knee. Along comes Eric Garcia’s hand in a non-natural position and knocks the ball away.

VAR does not seem to even check.

Has anyone got a gif? Penalty all day long of VAR had bothered to look.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
There's no doubt in my mind that it was a penalty, but according to City fans we got the rub of the green all game with the refereeing decisions so we can't complain...

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Did anyone else think the break in play was a check for a penalty to us? I thought once play restarted, you couldn't go back and check and we have just had a player go down in the box, albeit with no appeals. What is the point of the big screen if it just says Checking for Penalty. How hard is it to put Possible foul by Lallana?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Anyone who thinks i's a penalty does not understand the rules.

You've clearly ignore law 15, paragraph 17 subsection k, which states, "if a smaller team has got a marginal decision against an ESL team, they shall be awarded no more marginal decisions in the same match"

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Clear penalty. The arm comes around Gross's chest and knocks the ball away, I have no effing idea what constitutes handball anymore, the rule is all over the place

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Did anyone else think the break in play was a check for a penalty to us? I thought once play restarted, you couldn't go back and check and we have just had a player go down in the box, albeit with no appeals. What is the point of the big screen if it just says Checking for Penalty. How hard is it to put Possible foul by Lallana?

I did. Even thought the VAR message had put Lallana as the culprit by mistake instead of a City player:)

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Lots of city fans seem really bothered by the ref last night. I just don’t see it. The red card was arguably harsh but it wasn’t a bad decision. They wanted Iranian Ronaldo sent off for his tackle but his foot was not very high and it was not at all malicious. They wanted a pen for lalana foul but not a single city player appealed.

The one where I think they had a point was a foul by burn on Jesus just before fern got booked for hacking biss. That was weird refereeing.

They chose to ignore the obvious handball this thread was about. Plus the weirdest non-booking of the day was when bissouma was running away from silva and he did very well to kick him and was about 5 foot from the ball. It was the most obvious yellow in history.

I simply don’t understand why they call decisions shocking when they are at worst possibly debatable. This was absolutely not like the decision to give saints a penalty for a March foul a yard or more outside the box!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Lots of city fans seem really bothered by the ref last night. I just don’t see it. The red card was arguably harsh but it wasn’t a bad decision. They wanted Iranian Ronaldo sent off for his tackle but his foot was not very high and it was not at all malicious. They wanted a pen for lalana foul but not a single city player appealed.

The one where I think they had a point was a foul by burn on Jesus just before fern got booked for hacking biss. That was weird refereeing.

They chose to ignore the obvious handball this thread was about. Plus the weirdest non-booking of the day was when bissouma was running away from silva and he did very well to kick him and was about 5 foot from the ball. It was the most obvious yellow in history.

I simply don’t understand why they call decisions shocking when they are at worst possibly debatable. This was absolutely not like the decision to give saints a penalty for a March foul a yard or more outside the box!

They expect to have every decision their way...they are the champions :facepalm:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

That hack on Biss is surely the reason the yellow card was invented. It’s an absolute classic yellow card offence. You get beaten by a player, the player is away so you run up behind them and boot their leg(s) to bring them down.

Absolutely astonishing Silva didn’t get a yellow for that. They probably show you a video of a tackle 99.9% the same as that at Ref school to illustrate what a classic yellow card offence is.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just seen Lalana tackle again. Must have been very close to a penalty. Bit reckless at that stage

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Just seen Lalana tackle again. Must have been very close to a penalty. Bit reckless at that stage

Certainly would expect better from someone with his experience TBH.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here