Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Partnership! Yes please

AJBHA

Jan 27, 2013
London
Was a bit disappointed yesterday not to see macca paired up with our new prodigy Ulloa.
Don't get me wrong I rate Barnes he brings more to the table then just striker attributes but I really think CMS and Ulloa could make a great partnership.
I'm a great fan of the little and large combination up front. The holder and the runner situation as such..
I'm no expert on Ulloa I've only seen him as much as the rest of you, but he looks like a Player who can hold play up, bring the ball down from the air and play it to feet. He also looks like he can finish the ball with ease from any where in the box and he also looks like he can bang a fair few headers in!
On the other hand we know what maccas like! He's like a jack Russell who won't stop running and attack till he's literally dragged away from the situation.
I can really see this combo working Ulloa picks up the ball from goal kicks long balls etc. Knocks them down to earth and send macca on his way or takes a shot and macca clears up anything that doesn't go in the back of the net!
That's my opinion for the day!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It would be nice but ultimately unless Gus changes the system he's used for the last 3 years, I don't see this happening. In theory it sounds like a combo that should work but unless we're chasing a game and Gus decides to throw caution to the wind, I see yesterday's line-up (with Kuszczak instead of Ankergren) being our preferred set up.

Of late, CMS seems to be going rapidly downhill and unless Gus goes 4-4-2, I can't see that or the formation changing.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Blimey, he only played 60mins, there are only so many people Gus can try him with and Arsenal certainly isn't the game to be 'trying things out' in. Give him a chance.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
CMS doesn't play with a hold up man ... he runs onto things, through and over

Thread closed

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I can really see this combo working Ulloa picks up the ball from goal kicks long balls etc. Knocks them down to earth and send macca on his way or takes a shot and macca clears up anything that doesn't go in the back of the net!
That's my opinion for the day!

Do you understand ANY of what Gus has been trying to do for the last three years? After everything he's done on transforming the way we play, you want us to play long goal kicks up to the big man for him to head down to the little man for him to boot it into the net?

I fear you may be in for some disappointment. Honestly.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Of the players missing out yesterday, I would like to see Gus trying to squeeze Orlandi and Vicente into the starting XI. Both have masses of talent and can make a difference. However based on Saturday's performance only a keeper change can really be justified. CMS is one more who may have to wait his turn.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Of the players missing out yesterday, I would like to see Gus trying to squeeze Orlandi and Vicente into the starting XI. Both have masses of talent and can make a difference. However based on Saturday's performance only a keeper change can really be justified. CMS is one more who may have to wait his turn.

With Greer injured lopez may well be needed in defence leaving space for Vicente or Orlandi in Midfield.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
With Greer injured lopez may well be needed in defence leaving space for Vicente or Orlandi in Midfield.

Against teams with several giants, other than El Abd, how are we going to defend set pieces, with no Greer or Dunk?

Although a thread about partnerships, seeing defence is mentioned, this must now be a massive concern for Gus.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
CMS has been our main man for two years the most expensive player ever at the club he was asked to play as t,he hold up man a position he has run his socks off for the team but I often wondered if the price tag weighed heavy and did it affect his game

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Thought calderon was excellent filling in central defence too. But that's an aside. I love CMS, love what he's done for the club, but I think barnes and ulloa will play better together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here