Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Parking for Palace

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
with its positioning and the number of the car parks along the escape route I imagined it would be a nightmare to get out of. Thanks for the intel.

I hope that wasn't a disaster for you. Given the reports on here, looks like there were problems. I'm sorry mate.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just to give context, when I used to park there it was a few seasons back. I used to walk pretty briskly and then I would drive straight out. I know a friend who went to a cup match before that and he had a worse experience. I also drove eastwards for the a27, it may be worse joining the a27 westwards?

For the Palace match and tonight been huge queues getting off campus and taking 30 minutes or so. Previously it was a 10 minute queue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The performance by the team and general high Brighton mojo has reduced my desire to have a moan, but for those interested in the Uni parking...

I've used The Bridge car park a few times, but due to work etc I decided to book a ticket for Car Park 7 (University Multi Storey) for the Chelsea game.

I joined the queue on the A27 for the Falmer exit at approx 19:00 last night, the queue crawled up the slip road/ramp and it took until around 19:30 to get into the Uni, where two people in high vis had the road coned off and said that we were not allowed to use that entrance for that car park. They were turning everyone around to rejoin the A27 and go back past the stadium to the Stanmer Park exit.

So then had to queue all along the Stanmer Park road up towards the Sports Centre car park, where another parking steward was then flagging each car down to say that Car Park 7 was full and we would have to go up to Car Park 1 instead. He also said he had no idea why they were turning everyone around at the top entrance.

Finally got into Car park 1 at around 19:45 where there were no stewards organising the parking, so you had to drive around and try to find a space yourself. I ended up running through the uni campus and down through the underpass and reached my seat just as Sussex by the Sea was fading away.

---

Post match got to the car park and in the car by 22:15, car park was gridlocked and no cars were moving in any direction. Took around 30-35 minutes to finally get out of the car park and into the queue on the Uni roads up to the A27 junction.

Definitely has put me off parking near the Amex again, as I could have easily driven into Brighton and parked and got a bus if I'd just carried on the A23 instead of joining the A27 at around 18:50ish.

Don't know the reasons for last night, but there was a definite lack of organisation, communication and stewarding both before and after the match. Some form of traffic control would surely have improved the flow after the match.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The performance by the team and general high Brighton mojo has reduced my desire to have a moan, but for those interested in the Uni parking...

I've used The Bridge car park a few times, but due to work etc I decided to book a ticket for Car Park 7 (University Multi Storey) for the Chelsea game.

I joined the queue on the A27 for the Falmer exit at approx 19:00 last night, the queue crawled up the slip road/ramp and it took until around 19:30 to get into the Uni, where two people in high vis had the road coned off and said that we were not allowed to use that entrance for that car park. They were turning everyone around to rejoin the A27 and go back past the stadium to the Stanmer Park exit.

So then had to queue all along the Stanmer Park road up towards the Sports Centre car park, where another parking steward was then flagging each car down to say that Car Park 7 was full and we would have to go up to Car Park 1 instead. He also said he had no idea why they were turning everyone around at the top entrance.

Finally got into Car park 1 at around 19:45 where there were no stewards organising the parking, so you had to drive around and try to find a space yourself. I ended up running through the uni campus and down through the underpass and reached my seat just as Sussex by the Sea was fading away.

---

Post match got to the car park and in the car by 22:15, car park was gridlocked and no cars were moving in any direction. Took around 30-35 minutes to finally get out of the car park and into the queue on the Uni roads up to the A27 junction.

Definitely has put me off parking near the Amex again, as I could have easily driven into Brighton and parked and got a bus if I'd just carried on the A23 instead of joining the A27 at around 18:50ish.

Don't know the reasons for last night, but there was a definite lack of organisation, communication and stewarding both before and after the match. Some form of traffic control would surely have improved the flow after the match.

It's the inconsistency that I find frustrating - one week they let you in via the A27 slip road and Falmer - the next they don't.

The lack of organisation between the stewards to help you find somewhere to park (and also help you exit too) bit of a shambles really.....

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I joined the queue on the A27 for the Falmer exit at approx 19:00 last night, the queue crawled up the slip road/ramp and it took until around 19:30 to get into the Uni

That queue ended stretching almost all the way back to the Hollingbury junction. Made worse by people in the inside lane realising it was a queue for Falmer and cutting in when they could. Could imagine some people missed kick off as it was moving so slowly.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Parking used to be relatively straightforward and predictable - now its the opposite. Its really something that the club should devote some energy to resolving and communicating.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Parking used to be relatively straightforward and predictable - now its the opposite. Its really something that the club should devote some energy to resolving and communicating.

It's since the multi-storey car park has been available to book that the problems seem to have started. Stewards can't cope with all the extra cars.

DanR

Dec 26, 2020
Peasmarsh
Hello, I've had to book the uni car park for this Saturdays game. Could someone help me with how best to get there?. I'm coming from Lewes on a27.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
There’s recycling old threads and then there’s this. I’ve been scratching my head for the last 20 minutes
Exactly, initially thought I’d missed the announcement on when the palace game has been arranged for. Not a query that would be quite obviously solved on the club site. Maybe things are different in north London

DanR

Dec 26, 2020
Peasmarsh
Exactly, initially thought I’d missed the announcement on when the palace game has been arranged for. Not a query that would be quite obviously solved on the club site. Maybe things are different in north London
I do apologise for asking a question based on the conversation in the thread (I even used the search to find). Next time I'll start a new post to ease any confusion.

theboybilly

I do apologise for asking a question based on the conversation in the thread (I even used the search to find). Next time I'll start a new post to ease any confusion.
You were asking for information about parking for the Arsenal match on Sunday in a year-old thread about parking for a home match against Palace. There's your problem, it's not difficult

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here