Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Parking at away matches

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Just park these days 100%

I do miss the the lower league days where you’d turn, following an AA route planner and skulked around the ground looking for a school / church / factory that had opened the gates and were offering match day parking for a £5
Me n my mate still do that now, plumb in the post code of the ground, once we can see the stadium we start looking for somewhere to park. Never failed yet! easier up norf, usually an industrial estate close by with parking....

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just park these days 100%

I do miss the the lower league days where you’d turn, following an AA route planner and skulked around the ground looking for a school / church / factory that had opened the gates and were offering match day parking for a £5
Also not quite knowing where to go and looking out for the stadium floodlights....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Me n my mate still do that now, plumb in the post code of the ground, once we can see the stadium we start looking for somewhere to park. Never failed yet! easier up norf, usually an industrial estate close by with parking....
Exactly this, we just work backwards.
Before leaving we find an area that's best for driving out of whichever godforsaken northern outpost we happen to be in.
Head for that.
Then park in such a place that's the 'right side' of any traffic lights etc.

Stoke was great.
Found the ground.
Found the start of the parking restrictions.
Moved back a further 2 sets of traffic lights.
Parked at the exit of an industrial estate.

20 min walk to the ground.
20 min walk back, past all the queuing traffic
Straight out onto the main road towards the motorway.
Didn't stop till the godforsaken northern outpost that is Buck Barn Crossing.

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Whenever I used to drive to away games back in the ‘90s I never used a map or researched parking- it kind of added to the excitement of the day

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Always a down side to driving. Sheffield has lots of great pubs and beer but someone has to drive. Two in a car helps but that still means the driver has to go dry, hence we are making a weekend of it.
Yep, I’m usually the DD, but I don’t mind, there’s always 4 of us in the car at 60mpg so it’s miles cheaper than trains (from Bedfordshire area).

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here