Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Panic Buying

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
It’s not a pingdemic, it’s a shirkers charter.

Fancy a few days off work ? Sorry boss I’ve been pinged, won’t be in until Monday week. Lucky me, nice and sunny too.
It does seem a bit “lucky” that the pingdemic has coincided with this year’s sunny spell. Bit like the coincidence of a terrible bout of sickness striking railway staff on the day of the Euro2020 final

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

You think that's bad ?

Aldi Shoreham, yesterday evening

JS104039775.jpg

:eek:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Things could be taking a turn for the worse then ? I can't say I blame them, they have been treated shat for years..

"UK lorry drivers plan to strike over low pay and poor working conditions "

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/24/lorry-drivers-plan-to-strike-over-low-pay-and-poor-working-conditions

In fairness, (if people bothered to read news on the haulage industry going back years and not simply focus on the latest media frenzy on driver shortage and empty shelves) it is easy to find numerous articles on how there are many drivers fed up with the poor pay and working conditions over a long period. Drivers appear to have been leaving the industry for ages, and its by no means limited to the UK. Its a global issue.
We seem to have hit a perfect storm here though with covid pinging, new drivers not getting qualified, drivers leaving the industry because they are fed up and European drivers who were based here simply sodding off back to Europe when covid hit and transport links and work dried up.

Should the 3000 who have said they will down tools strike? Difficult one.
It couldnt come at a worse time but they can hardly be blamed for chancing their arm when its probable that action (now at this time)would get the highest attention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here