Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Palermo

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
On the verge of booking Palermo for summer hollibobs.
Anyone been?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
During lockdown my youngest lad remote worked with his wife for 6 weeks or so in Syracuse. He maintains that Sicily and Syracuse, in particular, are amongst the loveliest places he has ever visited. I plan on a three month Autumn 'get out of the British cold' holiday this year and Sicily is the second leg (mid Oct to early Nov) part of the still to be finalised trip, starting in Nice and ending up in Seville. Looking forward to it. Sicily is a big island isn't it?

Hope you enjoy Palermo, let us all know what transpires?

TNBA

TTF

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I have, a couple of times,albeit it a long time ago in the late 1980's I loved it to be honest, and seeing Rick Stein's Long Weekend series of a few years ago has whetted my interest again.

Geographically in Europe of course, but it has an almost exotic feel to it, shades of North Africa and even the Middle East.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're gonna do well to get away with "hollibobs".

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
During lockdown my youngest lad remote worked with his wife for 6 weeks or so in Syracuse. He maintains that Sicily and Syracuse, in particular, are amongst the loveliest places he has ever visited. I plan on a three month Autumn 'get out of the British cold' holiday this year and Sicily is the second leg (mid Oct to early Nov) part of the still to be finalised trip, starting in Nice and ending up in Seville. Looking forward to it. Sicily is a big island isn't it?

Hope you enjoy Palermo, let us all know what transpires?

TNBA

TTF
I’ve got a friend who goes to Italy every year on hols, her favourite part is the Almalfi coast .

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Cheers all.
Apologies for ‘hollibobs!’

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Not been to Palermo but Sicily is wonderful. Taormina is superb. Plus some great Roman ruins around the Island .
Did Palermo, but second Taormina.
A truly wonderful place to holiday, especially the amphitheatre.
Did the Godfather tour, with a coffee in Bar Vitelli (must be done).
Etna a must too.

White Lotus S2 filmed in and around Taormima.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here