Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace relegation watch

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Apart from about £900,000,000 you mean Pauline?

Where has anybody blamed what happened to us on your club you gormless, thick twat?

You really should do a little research before you come on here spouting your ill-informed shite about the stadium funding-you clearly know the best part of f*** all. Nothing less than we'd expect from somebody in total denial when it comes to the shitty way your 'club' f***ed over so many businesses financially, not once but twice! The way you pikeys continually tell us that 'it could happen to any club' is laughable. Once and we'd probably agree with you but to f*** up so spectacularly twice in such a short period gives you absolutely no platform whatsoever to come on here spouting your shit about finances.

So Bloom has more money, prick. So what? The same basic economics apply. Probably not basic enough for you to grasp.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Missed my point again, Simpleton. I was questionning the source of the money and the industry in which it was generated.

I find it amazing how pious you lot are when your current financial stability could be built on a house of sand.

I know it's been boiled down to arguments that even you can understand, but the likes of Jordan didn't set out not to pay their bills. A change in circumstances (ie ITV money, the recession etc) put us in a different financial position.

The same could happen to you, tomorrow. The thing about Jordan, Goldberg, Knight and Bloom is that they are fans and have aspirations for their club. Archer and Belotti (sic) weren't - don't get the two things mixed up.

So Jordan woke up one morning and discovered he owed £30M he couldn't pay did he? You and I know he didn't. He didn't do what any responsible person did which was live within your means. He carried on spending on players, staff and tanning products like nothing had changed. Undoubtedly Palace benefited on the pitch because of this.

Very few clubs go into administration and only one has done it twice. In the meantime our chairman has paid £93M cash for our stadium and the interest free loan note doesn't become redeemable until well into the 2020's. Tony Bloom has said he probably won't get the money back and will convert it onto shares. If that's a business model built on sand then Palace's was built on candy floss.

Piss off Palace. We're better than you on and off the pitch, we've got a better manager, a better team, a better chairman, better organised fans (Jesus wept - your half arsed attempts at demonstrating against possible liquidation consisted of standing round some man/woman thing with a loudspeaker last year). No wonder you lot are so panicky about Brighton.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
So Bloom has more money, prick. So what? The same basic economics apply. Probably not basic enough for you to grasp.

The basic you cannot grasp is that Bloom has PAID for the ground, we owe him as such but he is the owner. The big difference is that we did not have to borrow from a third party and have not subsequently defaulted not once but twice. Clearly it's not hard to see why the average Palarse fan has such a poor grasp of economics given that he has taken his lead from his teams management. There is not much similarity between Tony Bloom and Jordon (or Goldberg) as Bloom has paid out of his own pocket. Apart from anything else what the hell has that got to do with the fact that your club has been in administration twice ? I might add the only club still in existence to do so.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Here ya go Palace chaps. Language you can understand.

You buy a caravan for £800 from a local traveller. You have to borrow the money from Barclays as you don't have enough in your account to pay for it yourself. You then spend your wages from KFC on fake gold jewellery and tracksuits meaning that you cannot pay the monthly repayment to Barclays. They are not happy and take your caravan back.

I buy a BMW from a local car dealer for £35,000 but have the money in the bank and pay for it up front. Everyone is happy.

Any clearer?

Aug 8, 2010
Here ya go Palace chaps. Language you can understand.

You buy a caravan for £800 from a local traveller. You have to borrow the money from Barclays as you don't have enough in your account to pay for it yourself. You then spend your wages from KFC on fake gold jewellery and tracksuits meaning that you cannot pay the monthly repayment to Barclays. They are not happy and take your caravan back.

I buy a BMW from a local car dealer for £35,000 but have the money in the bank and pay for it up front. Everyone is happy.

Any clearer?

10/10 love it

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Nearly gripper. You try Barclays. They look at your past record and see you might be a bit of a risk. You go to Honest Reggie who lends you the money (in used notes). Luvvly Jubbly.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Then when Honest Reggie wants the money back (with interest) you feign surprise and say "we were not expecting to have to pay it back so quick - you seem a reasonable man Reggie - can we pay it back in a few years ?".

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I find it quite staggering how Palarse fans try to compare themselves with us, the only thing we have in common is that we are both South of the Thames, over and above that there are no similarities.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
To be fair - there is more that unites us than divides us. We wouldn't like to think of our club as cheats - and wouldn't like other clubs supporters to think that. But Facts is Facts.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Missed my point again, Simpleton. I was questionning the source of the money and the industry in which it was generated.

I find it amazing how pious you lot are when your current financial stability could be built on a house of sand.

I know it's been boiled down to arguments that even you can understand, but the likes of Jordan didn't set out not to pay their bills. A change in circumstances (ie ITV money, the recession etc) put us in a different financial position.

The same could happen to you, tomorrow. The thing about Jordan, Goldberg, Knight and Bloom is that they are fans and have aspirations for their club. Archer and Belotti (sic) weren't - don't get the two things mixed up.
I can imagine the piousness of our fans probably does grate a bit with you, as ultimately no fan of any club can do an awful lot about any of it on his own and we are now looking at a very bright future thanks to one very rich superfan putting his money where his mouth is. Clearly this is something that any supporter of any club would love. However, in our defence, and I think it is something you would do well to at least respect, we were saying exactly the same thing for over a decade when our club was living a hand to mouth existence in exile and then in a terrible "stadium", but ultimately always covering the bills.

Consequently, this is an issue that our supporters feel very strongly about, and is doubly galling when our two biggest rivals have absolved their responsibility for paying their bills in an effort to maintain a false league position. One of them pays for a stay in the Premiership and a trophy by paying wages that might make the Real Madrid CEO's eyes water. The other pays for an extended stay in the top half of the league by voluntarily collapsing TWICE and offering it's creditors buttons.

And all this at a time when the game is awash with money relatively speaking. It is shameful.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's clear that only one of us has the capacity to understand what basic economics your shoddy outfit used en route to screwing businesses out of millions (twice) while previous OWNERS were massaging their egos. That person clearly isn't you is it you gormless, thick twat? If anybody at your club had any sense of moral economics you'd be in your rightful place-out of business or way down the pyramid. Is that basic economics enough for you Pauline?

All of your fans' posturing, piss-taking and boasting for years while we were struggling on limited finances (no parachute payments, no second BANKRUPTCY to give us unfair advantages over our competitors) is about to come back and give you sad bastards a f***ing giant kick up your collective backsides and you know what? I think we are going to enjoy it.

Now please f*** off.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I can imagine the piousness of our fans probably does grate a bit with you, as ultimately no fan of any club can do an awful lot about any of it on his own and we are now looking at a very bright future thanks to one very rich superfan putting his money where his mouth is. Clearly this is something that any supporter of any club would love. However, in our defence, and I think it is something you would do well to at least respect, we were saying exactly the same thing for over a decade when our club was living a hand to mouth existence in exile and then in a terrible "stadium", but ultimately always covering the bills.

Consequently, this is an issue that our supporters feel very strongly about, and is doubly galling when our two biggest rivals have absolved their responsibility for paying their bills in an effort to maintain a false league position. One of them pays for a stay in the Premiership and a trophy by paying wages that might make the Real Madrid CEO's eyes water. The other pays for an extended stay in the top half of the league by voluntarily collapsing TWICE and offering it's creditors buttons.

And all this at a time when the game is awash with money relatively speaking. It is shameful.

Excellent post Simster-it will be wasted on Pauline though (he's not too bright you know).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

You'll find that Paulie will come back with some half arsed fact that has no basis in truth. It does annoy me the way Palarse fans mocked us in the past for the reasons already stated. I wouldn't mind but humility is a concept that is way beyond most of them.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
A change in circumstances (ie ITV money, the recession etc) put us in a different financial position.

I think you'll find that you were not the only club affected by the lack of ITV money or a recession. The only different financial position you found yourselves in was screwing creditors for a second time while all other clubs (except Portsmouth and Southampton) got on with living within their (reduced) means and in fairness to Southampton, they honoured their debts and PAID their creditors. A concept not understood in Croydon-paying creditors what they are owed rather than 1p in the pound.

And you suggest I don't have a grasp of basic economics?

At the risk of continually repeating myself-please f*** off.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here