Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace at home: a point gained or two points dropped?

Palace at home was...

• One point gained

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 118 86.8%

• Total voters

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Cant vote for any of those... clearly dominated the game but it was close to a miserable repeat of last years game so the point ended up feeling much better than it "should".

According to the table Brighton now have one more point than before the game rather than two less so technically speaking it appears to be a point gained.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
2 points dropped (but not completely our fault).

Maupay should have taken the penalty.
Maupay did not foul the keeper, the keeper fell onto Maupay.
We should have done better with our chances.
Lamptey and Welbeck should have come on earlier or even started.

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
Two points dropped. Lack of belief in the final third cost us. Again.

If Gross had scored the penalty, we'd have gone on to beat them by a country mile.

"Aye, and if my granny had balls, she'd have been my grandad"………...

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
It may seem like two points dropped, but seeing as we were behind it’s a point gained. If you can’t win the game don’t lose it, something we’ve done 10 times this season

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patreon
Jun 20, 2021
1 point gained, as per league table. We have gained points in 80% of our games. Only Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea can beat that! Not bad company to be in.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
From the view point of chances not converted it’s definitely 2 points dropped but from the fact we were one goal down definitely a point gained so I’m just confused

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
2 dropped.
Arguably one of the worst teams we've played in a long time and were there for the taking. The penalty is still pissing me off this morning, still not sure that Maupay's foul was a foul to deny the goal, Trossard through should've buried it, Moder and Welbeck towards the end as well. Lots of missed chances, we should've been out of sight.
And their fans were shit. Barely a peep until they scored, and then maybe 10mins of singing before they piped down again.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Two dropped obviously. Look at stats: Albion 19 shots , Palace 3; 4-1 on target; 9-0 corners; 63-37 possession. Palace were wasting time at 0-0, were clearly going for smash and grab and nearly worked.

It might grind, but don’t agree that Palace were crap in way Leeds or Newcastle were; they defended very well and used the one break they had to load our penalty area with players; there was a lot of support hence leaving Gallagher unmarked. That’s intelligent football; negating opposition and using your limited chances to best advantage. The points were dropped due to missing chances and absence of luck.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Two points dropped for me.
We were all over them and as a Blatter said earlier, if the penalty had gone in, I reckon we would have won quite easily.
I am still mystified and miffed at Pascal being nominated to take the penalty. Just why? I couldn’t believe it. Surely Ali Mac,Tross or Monsieur Maupay would have been better bets.
I wish someone could explain to me the thinking behind the decision.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here