Palace advertising in Kent & Sussex Courier........

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Imagine my surprise when opening our local paper on Friday morning to see an advert informing people on the Kent/Sussex border that Crystal Palace season tickets are now available. Looks like the Palace have become as tinpot as Charlton now.

Oh dear.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Imagine my surprise when opening our local paper on Friday morning to see an advert informing people on the Kent/Sussex border that Crystal Palace season tickets are now available. Looks like the Palace have become as tinpot as Charlton now.

Oh dear.

Why don't we do shit like that?..........oh wait we don't need to! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Oh dear.

Not sure what the issue is here? There are plenty of Palace fans in Tonbridge/Tunbridge Wells/Crowborough, I'd say it was a pretty reasonable place to advertise. ???

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Why don't we do shit like that?..........oh wait we don't need to! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Watch this space I believe Brighton will be looking to expand our fan base over a larger area ? I would like to attract all those supporters of Pompey who live in far reaches of West Sussex see the light. We have many fans on the boarder with Kent Burwash is an example ?:fishing:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not sure what the issue is here? There are plenty of Palace fans in Tonbridge/Tunbridge Wells/Crowborough, I'd say it was a pretty reasonable place to advertise. ???
Thanks. I thought it was just me who didn't see the funny side of an advertisement in a local newspaper.

I guess the OP must be pissing themselves at West Ham and QPR, both of whom regularly advertise Premiership matches in The Standard. ???

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I don't think it'll be long until adverts for watching Brighton appear in places that take up to an hour to drive to/from

If that pisses the OP off, how do you think he'll react to news that Palace have part of their Academy in East Grinstead and actively recruit Sussex youngsters into it?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's called advertising a product. Surprisingly, history proves that it works.

I'm not sure how the idea of advertising your product makes you tinpot. Perhaps I can be enlightened?

As for the arrogance of stating "we don't have to", of course we do. I would say it is the responsibility of the club to secure a fan base through as many routes as possible. I'd like people right across Sussex to be following the Albion over and above any other club. After that, I'd like people outside of Sussex to be following Albion.

Of course, we could just restrict ourselves to advertising in the Argus and the Leader, but that sounds a bit, er, tinpot.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
It's called advertising a product. Surprisingly, history proves that it works.

I'm not sure how the idea of advertising your product makes you tinpot. Perhaps I can be enlightened?

As for the arrogance of stating "we don't have to", of course we do. I would say it is the responsibility of the club to secure a fan base through as many routes as possible. I'd like people right across Sussex to be following the Albion over and above any other club. After that, I'd like people outside of Sussex to be following Albion.

Of course, we could just restrict ourselves to advertising in the Argus and the Leader, but that sounds a bit, er, tinpot.

Are you a Palarse fan masquerading as a Brighton fan ?
Or do you have an illness of some some sort ???

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And to think we haven't had a thread like this since, ooh, LAST FRIDAY: Poor old palace!!

I stand by my comments in that one.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Are you a Palarse fan masquerading as a Brighton fan ?
Or do you have an illness of some some sort ???

Are you an idiot masquerading as a fool, or did the modern world of business pass you by?

Take a look at our marketing efforts. They are all about driving revenue with our present fan base. However, that will only ever deliver a fixed revenue and that is not something you can borrow against effectively for the future. To get better returns you have to prove a widening fan base. That is why clubs recruit.

I rather hope and expect that we will do more in this area in the future. We've done good work to date with things like Gully's Gang, but more could be done I would imagine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports