Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pacey centre half required!?

kinnfast

Dec 28, 2011
Am I alone in thinking that our obvious lack of pace at c/b needs addressing, is upson the answer?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think we need Lua Lua as sweeper. He's pretty good at tackling. Imagine him bursting past with the ball out of defence ready to launch an attack. He'd be our own Franz Beckenbauer. :)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Two things... 1) No, you are not alone. A pacy CB is very important; 2) No, Upson is not the answer to that question, van Dijk was, but as a temporary solution Upson was both the best on offer and experienced enough to fit in fairly quickly. Long term, we need a stronger fast and big centre back but they are extremely difficult to get at a decent price.

kinnfast

Dec 28, 2011
No. I'm judging it on the fact he wasn't quick when he was 21!.Not doubting he's a good addition but alongside Greer or el ab it hardly feels you with confidence when put up against a pacey forward.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Bridge, no pace
El-abd, no pace
Bruno, very limited pace
Greer, no pace
Calde, very limited pace
Painter, top speed 5mph

As demonstrated above, it's the whole of the defence that lacks pace - we have been raped by quite a few pacey wingers this season.

He comes in two speeds stop and go.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I think we need Lua Lua as sweeper. He's pretty good at tackling. Imagine him bursting past with the ball out of defence ready to launch an attack. He'd be our own Franz Beckenbauer. :)

You jest but as last year v Cardiff at home, not having LL, Buckley (or noone) in starting 11 = no cojones = defeat. Same today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here