Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Oxford City v Worthing NLS playoff semi final today

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Shame lost today but did well to get in play offs. Assume like any league clubs will be after players. Will Worthing be able to hang on to best players
At that level players are on 1 season contracts at most and usually a lot of churn

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
God I could write a funny book about that Oxford away trip. The behaviour I’ve seen at football has never been worse than that day.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Shame for Worthing, seemed they didn’t turn up?

Neutral lad I know who watches a lot of football felt they failed to give a proper account for themselves.

Oxford have spent a bit on going up, they really want to ensure they don’t get moved into the north!!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Shame for Worthing, seemed they didn’t turn up?

Neutral lad I know who watches a lot of football felt they failed to give a proper account for themselves.

Oxford have spent a bit on going up, they really want to ensure they don’t get moved into the north!!

Whilst a lot of teams at that level play on plastic pitches, I believe Oxford have an absolutely diabolical one which has helped them have a very good home record this year. I know a few non-Worthing fans who have watched their team play their and they’ve described it as something you’d expect a high school to have a decade ago.

When you consider Oxford finished 3rd in the league despite having the 11th best away form it shows how much home advantage has carried them this season.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Whilst a lot of teams at that level play on plastic pitches, I believe Oxford have an absolutely diabolical one which has helped them have a very good home record this year. I know a few non-Worthing fans who have watched their team play their and they’ve described it as something you’d expect a high school to have a decade ago.

When you consider Oxford finished 3rd in the league despite having the 11th best away form it shows how much home advantage has carried them this season.
I don’t think it’s too bad, a few are far worse at that level (Maidstone for example). I’ve got a good mate who’s an Oxford City fan and they’ve been knocking on the door for a good few years with a decent side. But the 3G is definitely a big advantage. It does seem to be a thing in the conference and conference north as well, when I went to Bromley v York they won 3-0 and my York fan colleague informed me that it was their first win on artificial surface in something like 3 years.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because I’m watching on my fire stick as I’m on a family holiday.

Problem with that?
It's just a bit weird Lenny.

Have I misunderstood NSC - if I'm on a family holiday and watching footy, am I supposed to take a photo of my foot?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here