Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Owlstalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I bloody hate GIFs as comment, but Stan and Ollie guffawing at the massive? I will have some of that, thanks

Wallace-482x298.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As much as I can get behind the whole Wednesday massive club theme, I do have a small voice at the back of my mind that the vast majority of the fans will just be decent football mad people like the rest of us, and they have a half batshit owner who has decided to play with fire chasing the PL dream. They are probably in a downbeat mood because they have the incompetent EFL clowns working out their punishment for a blatantly odd piece of financial accounting. Would put a dampener on the season if you knew it doesn’t really matter how well you do, you’re likely getting a points deduction that will take you below the top six. Plus they’ve lost a few on the bounce. You know what we are like when that happens!

I feel they lost their best chance a few years ago and will need some serious surgery. They don’t have a coherent, joined up approach to running a club. They haven’t aligned their academy, loans and first team up. They just hire in mercenaries and get hammered. Must hurt to look at the Blades squad and how they are dying for each other. Some of the WEDNESDAY players look like they don’t give a shit. I feel for the fans, but since this is the approach for most clubs, I only have so much empathy to spare them.

100% this. As you rightly say. the current owners may well be half baked, but the overwhelming majority of their fans, are probably decent, law abiding, football loving folk, just like us! :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My son in law is a Wednesday fan and he’s coming to stay on Saturday evening. I have been telling him how great we are all season, a defeat would be embarrassing! Come ON you Seagulls!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
My son in law is a Wednesday fan and he’s coming to stay on Saturday evening. I have been telling him how great we are all season, a defeat would be embarrassing! Come ON you Seagulls!

I don't want to worry you but Lawrenson says:

"I would back Brighton to beat them, though, and the Seagulls might fancy a bit of a FA Cup run this year because they have got a bigger squad, and there is a bit of a buzz about the way they are playing under Graham Potter"

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I don't want to worry you but Lawrenson says:

"I would back Brighton to beat them, though, and the Seagulls might fancy a bit of a FA Cup run this year because they have got a bigger squad, and there is a bit of a buzz about the way they are playing under Graham Potter"

Oh well that's blown. it. CRASHING out at the 3rd round.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Life hasn’t really turned out how they thought it would after their spawny play off win at the Amex, has it?

Not only did they fail to go up, but we subsequently did, they’ve barely troubled the promotion places since, and the Blades have come from nowhere to establish themselves as a PL side. Now Leeds will probably go up this year too. Oh, and that potential massive (how appropriate) points deduction they’re facing.

WE’RE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY, WE’RE ON OUR WAY BA....oh.

Hope you’re all bringing your phone torches tomorrow, ducks. Can’t wait to see them again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Life hasn’t really turned out how they thought it would after their spawny play off win at the Amex, has it?

Not only did they fail to go up, but we subsequently did, they’ve barely troubled the promotion places since, and the Blades have come from nowhere to establish themselves as a PL side. Now Leeds will probably go up this year too. Oh, and that potential massive (how appropriate) points deduction they’re facing.

WE’RE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY, WE’RE ON OUR WAY BA....oh.

Hope you’re all bringing your phone torches tomorrow, ducks. Can’t wait to see them again!

Forgive the pedant in me ,Edna, but they drew with us at the Amex in the playoffs.
1-1, their ‘goal’ was a foul on Dunk that would have been disallowed by VAR(probably)

Me, still bitter??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh dear, thinking of our prospective line-up tomorrow you may have set yourself up for a, difficult afternoon with your son-in-law.

Both us of us will take the “concentrating on the league” line if we lose I imagine :smile:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
As much as I love winding my mate up who is a big Owls fan, I do have a lot of sympathy for them. They were taken over by someone who was apparently promising the earth, had a lot of money, but unfortunately knew bugger all about football.

Their fans dared to dream and soon realised that this clown didn't know what he was doing. Fake sponsorships, his name all over the stadium and shirts, selling the stadium cause he has spent too much money on has been mercenaries. It looks like he is only in it to boost his own ego. Thank god we have Tony Bloom.

This isn't the fans fault and yes they are a big club with mostly decent supporters, although I encountered a few of their morons after the semi final play off at hillsborough. Most of the fans I spoke to were very knowledgable.

Anyway, looking forward to tomorrows game and hope to see some of the youngsters shining... Please not as many as the Villa game though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here