Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Owen Jones

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Maybe his refusal to condemn the slaughter in Gaza and call for a ceasefire might just have impacted on his personal rating eh? He has said very little (being generous) on Labour policy and you know full well that Labour has a huge poll lead because of the serious and significant damage done to just about every aspect of life by 14 years of Tory greed, incompetence and mismanagement.

The Labour lead is despite Starmer not because of him.
I may be misreading it, but simply typing into Google "Starmer" and "ceasefire" immediately brings up his repeated comments on a ceasefire being necessary, and there's a statement on the Labour website that clearly a) condemns the violence and b) again calls for a ceasefire.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm not sure about that.

People want a safe pair of hands, they want stability. Sensible politics after the last few years.

Do you think Labour would have the same lead in the polls if the previous leader was in the leader of the Labour Party?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
On radio 5 now.

Apparently Starmer is "The most unpopular leader of the opposition since records began - in a party with such a massive lead in the polls"

What?

He sounds very young and excitable, like a polytechnic student who has taken some amphetamines.
I’m going to go out on a limb without any access to the figures and suggest Iain Duncan Smith at his nadir was probably more unpopular

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I'm not sure about that.

People want a safe pair of hands, they want stability. Sensible politics after the last few years.

Do you think Labour would have the same lead in the polls if the previous leader was in the leader of the Labour Party?
This.

Starmer is a lot more electable to centrist voters than many others. Only have to look at Corbyn in 2019 to see what a hard left candidate can do to the silent majority.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Maybe his refusal to condemn the slaughter in Gaza and call for a ceasefire might just have impacted on his personal rating eh? He has said very little (being generous) on Labour policy and you know full well that Labour has a huge poll lead because of the serious and significant damage done to just about every aspect of life by 14 years of Tory greed, incompetence and mismanagement.

To a point, some people are going to vote for Labour whoever the leader to get the leader

However Labour have moved more central under SKS which is appealing to a lot more people - reform NHS/more defence spending/getting people back to work/stop the boats etc etc - people are wanting this, so will vote for his polices

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here