Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over again till next season

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
Nothing is over yet. Yes 1 point from 9 is dissapointing, but still only a point behind.
Who knows why might beat Palace and Notts Forest lose.

Hull could do us a favour on Saturday, and even if we don't get a result (although anything could happen in this crazy league) we would still be only one point off playoffs.

Table looks fine as it is, it's just the frustration of how the last week has gone for us and thinking where we could be - it is what it is - far from over.

A test of mental nerve now.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Hull could do us a favour on Saturday, and even if we don't get a result (although anything could happen in this crazy league) we would still be only one point off playoffs.

Table looks fine as it is, it's just the frustration of how the last week has gone for us and thinking where we could be - it is what it is - far from over.

A test of mental nerve now.

You are Deluded----(but in a good way)---I'm off to bed FFS!

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Think it is over unfortunately. Sunday a worry with only 1 forward and possible injuries to bruno and bridge. Is el abd suspended also

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sunday is our playoff final.

No need to even think about Wembley in May.

Unless we win, it is all over, and book the holidays for May 27th.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Sunday could well be the nightmare to end all nightmares - the development squad vs the scum that score for fun.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
It's amazing how different club's fans see different situations. I don't think you are out of it at all. It is still my pathological fear that we will meet you in the play-off's, whether in the semi's or the final. That will result in either total exctasy or the deepest depths of depression. I am desperately hoping to avoid having to play you at all.
As has been said already, I think a lot hinges on Sunday. Whilst seeing you lose to the bottom club is pleasurable in the extreme, I am hoping it will not come back to bite us. As the big day gets closer and closer, I wish I shared the sense of feeling on here that seems to think you will lose on Sunday.

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
It's amazing how different club's fans see different situations. I don't think you are out of it at all. It is still my pathological fear that we will meet you in the play-off's, whether in the semi's or the final. That will result in either total exctasy or the deepest depths of depression. I am desperately hoping to avoid having to play you at all.
As has been said already, I think a lot hinges on Sunday. Whilst seeing you lose to the bottom club is pleasurable in the extreme, I am hoping it will not come back to bite us. As the big day gets closer and closer, I wish I shared the sense of feeling on here that seems to think you will lose on Sunday.

we are in a mess one fit striker and a defense full off injures its the best time for your lot to play us if you play to your best than I hate to say this but I see a 2-0 win for Palace

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
It's clearly not over yet -we are still v close to the playoffs

However, we are now approaching the Palace game with no defence and no attack. Probably without El Abd, bridge, Bruno, Vicente, Barnes, CMS and Hoskins. If this means we lose the next couple of games then we may slip back a long way. Even before the loss of Bruno and El Abd we have been poorer recently than Gus has suggested. Our fixtures are tough and we can easily go the same way as last season and pick up in the range of 5-12 points over the final 10 games.

Gus is going to have to try Barker again and probably Forster-Caskey. I'm not sure how he's going to manage the defence. He might now need a loan as much in defence as attack!

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Glad I'm not living in England at times like these.

It gives me perspective.

I have perspective because the only input I get is the occasional live stream, the bollocks I read on here and the championship table.......

Which says that we are a point behind sixth with NINE games left.

The season is quite clearly, for anyone with even half a brain cell, NOT, over.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm accepting that its not going to happen for us this year. Just too much going against us - we're dominating games and missing the kind of chances that in other seasons would be flying into the net, we're conceding last minute goals, missing late penalties, three of our strikers are now crocked - its just a great big cacophany of bad luck and missed opportunities that in other seasons would see us cruising the top of the league.

It doesn't matter though, its a game and I'm really excited about next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here