Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Out of Body Experience at the Bridge?

Victor Chandler

Sep 2, 2014
Haywards Heath
Did anybody else at the Bridge have a strange feeling on about 65 minutes just before Julio’s marvellous strike?

It just swept over me – All of a sudden I didn’t care about the result. I didn’t care if we got battered next Sunday. I didn’t care that Potter & co had deserted us. I didn’t care about the inherent bias against us. I just thought how lucky I am to be part of what I’m witnessing.

For those first 20 minutes of the 2nd half we must have had possession for over 95% of the time. The one touch passing was at a level I have never seen by any team ever. I thought of Aldershot away in the 1970s and the tears just streamed down my face – buckets of them. At that point we lost the ball and the fans chanted “We want our ball back” then Julio scored and we went ballistic. Life just can’t get any better can it?

W3D

I'm Thirsty
Apr 21, 2021
Worthing
Did anybody else at the Bridge have a strange feeling on about 65 minutes just before Julio’s marvellous strike?

It just swept over me – All of a sudden I didn’t care about the result. I didn’t care if we got battered next Sunday. I didn’t care that Potter & co had deserted us. I didn’t care about the inherent bias against us. I just thought how lucky I am to be part of what I’m witnessing.

For those first 20 minutes of the 2nd half we must have had possession for over 95% of the time. The one touch passing was at a level I have never seen by any team ever. I thought of Aldershot away in the 1970s and the tears just streamed down my face – buckets of them. At that point we lost the ball and the fans chanted “We want our ball back” then Julio scored and we went ballistic. Life just can’t get any better can it?
Yes, that pretty much sums it up.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
It was extremely stimulating, I look forward to more stimulating moments with the Albion. The thing is the levels of performance is spreading like a rampant disease throughout our squad.
Julio looks like he may become the real deal, forgetting that goal.
I would love to know how much fitness the lads do now, as the hunger and sharpness to get forward or win the ball back is simply amazing.
Meanwhile let's lap this up and keep purring.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Wasn’t at the game, but watched it and cared desperately about us winning to tick the ‘never won at Chelsea’ box because I didn’t think we’d ever have a better chance again to do that. Gallagher driving into our box towards the end was excruciating to watch, just didn’t want them to equalise. Job done, phew. Such schadenfreude as well, beating them home and away after what they did to our set up.
:)

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Yes I felt like I was in another place deep in the subconscious but somehow present at Stamford bridge,it was the strangest feeling yesterday.At one point whilst watching that lot get ripped a new one I said to myself thanks dad for that day in 1968 when you took me to the goldstone for the first time and now 55years later this is happening
UTA absolute magic!!!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Wasn’t the first time this season. It was similar at Goodison, including the chants of ‘we want our ball back.’ Granted we are now doing it to Chelsea.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Lovely.

If that's how it makes us feel just watching it, imagine how the players feel to be doing it. They must feel 10 feet tall.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
841A1360-6815-4A19-8052-449693507EA0.jpeg

I think this just about sums it up

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
What Brighton are doing is turning football upside-down. Football is supposed to be all about the money. What happened yesterday showed that that is no longer true. If De Zerbi stays at Brighton he can do something that is nothing short of a miracle. The same goes for the players. This Brighton team is rewriting the rules, and if they keep it together they will continue to do so. I see no limit to what they can achieve. I mean that quite literally. No limit.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What Brighton are doing is turning football upside-down. Football is supposed to be all about the money. What happened yesterday showed that that is no longer true. If De Zerbi stays at Brighton he can do something that is nothing short of a miracle. The same goes for the players. This Brighton team is rewriting the rules, and if they keep it together they will continue to do so. I see no limit to what they can achieve. I mean that quite literally. No limit.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here