Last edited:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I completely missed the other thread ...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
apols

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I really don't think I am sufficiently concerned about this to opt out.

Or should I be?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
We've been able to opt out of this for years. It's no big deal. Do you honestly think the NHS would get ethical approval to sell your data??

Remaining opted in enables major research to access anonymised and encrypted metadata showing trends and patterns in health profiles and outcome interventions. This is high level and data will never get shared as individual cases.

Opting out is absolutely your right and you should do so if you choose. I think the major failing here is that the DHSS should have heavily promoted the truth about the project before the media began scaring people with lies.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
We've been able to opt out of this for years. It's no big deal. Do you honestly think the NHS would get ethical approval to sell your data??

Remaining opted in enables major research to access anonymised and encrypted metadata showing trends and patterns in health profiles and outcome interventions. This is high level and data will never get shared as individual cases.

Opting out is absolutely your right and you should do so if you choose. I think the major failing here is that the DHSS should have heavily promoted the truth about the project before the media began scaring people with lies.

Thanks for this very sound and logical synopsis of the reality. Really important type of post in this type of debate.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Thanks for this very sound and logical synopsis of the reality. Really important type of post in this type of debate.
But this is NSC.

There is no room for reason or logic here.

This is a local shop.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

Each to their own of course. You won't be surprised to know that I don't share your confidence or take on the issue. I won't bother rehearsing the alternative interpretation and arguments as they are reasonably well represented amongst various press articles and in the other thread; besides, the purpose of my post was primarily to publicise the issue encourage people to engage and make their own minds up. You can lead a horse to water and all that...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Each to their own of course. You won't be surprised to know that I don't share your confidence or take on the issue. I won't bother rehearsing the alternative interpretation and arguments as they are reasonably well represented amongst various press articles and in the other thread; besides, the purpose of my post was primarily to publicise the issue encourage people to engage and make their own minds up. You can lead a horse to water and all that...

thats a shame as i havent seen a coherent reason to object beyond paranoia. as said in the other thread, i reckon you didnt know your data wasnt shared within NHS. this collation of data will advance medical research, enabling researchers to look for patterns, track improvement or declines in response to treatments. but people will opt out because they simply respond to a negative campaign.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not sure I want insurance companies upping my health premiums so.... I'm OUT.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

My thoughts too.

But it shows the extent to which we expect Boris to attempt a cheeky bum**** while we aren't paying attention that has give this story so much legs Two legs, even.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
FWIW, I'd like to see all our data, medical and social, captured online, albeit anonymised. The advances from information would be sublime. I work in medical research (among other things) and getting representative data to play with is a total bugger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here