Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Only one additional win (3points) is required for Brighton to play in Champions League next season

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Too simplistic. Brighton have to play all the 5 teams above them apart from Liverpool, and Brentford, one place below. Record against them is W1 D1 L4. IMO, the 3 away draws at Leicester, Leeds, and Palace have kiboshed top 4 chance. Best hope is that by time play Arsenal and Man C (assuming either qualifies for cup semi so will be near end of season) that title is sorted, City concentrating on CL, and they are on beach in PL.
I'd say that, if we beat Newcastle, Spurs and Brentford, we've got a decent chance of making it, especially the first two.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think we should now make Europe the baseline tracker target, with a stretch target of WORLD.
World Domination GIF by ZwareMetalen

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Chelsea and Spurs away will be significant challenges. Chelsea will have all the motivation they need from the reverse fixture (plus are far better at home), and Spurs will badly want Champions League.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I think unfortunately Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool will finish strongly. Still fancy us to better Newcastle, Brentford and Fulham...and maybe one of the big six

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I'd say that, if we beat Newcastle, Spurs and Brentford, we've got a decent chance of making it, especially the first two.
I buy that but it is a tall order: Brentford play an entirely different way and outplayed us at their place; never know which Spurs will turn up; Newcastle don't concede, and Isak finding form for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here