Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One point gained or two points dropped

1 gained or 2 lost?

• Total voters

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Probably should have been 3-0 up inside of 20 minutes, second half we could have scored another 3 at least.

So is that one point gained from a 3-2 deficit or is that one two points dropped on a rather exciting interesting afternoon.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Point gained despite losing the two goal lead, could have lost it. Great late save from Sanchez

larus

I've gone for 2 points dropped, which feels an odd thing to be saying about away to Liverpool.

I accept we were losing at one stage, but overall, I felt we deserved to win. We had decent chances apart from the goals and seemed very comfortable for a lot of the game.

Encouraging for the rest of the games before the WC.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I've gone for 2 points dropped, which feels an odd thing to be saying about away to Liverpool.

I accept we were losing at one stage, but overall, I felt we deserved to win. We had decent chances apart from the goals and seemed very comfortable for a lot of the game.

Encouraging for the rest of the games before the WC.

This. (but still pleased)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Voted 1 gained, thats the reality . . . but really, we could have and maybe should have won

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
A big mistake for Liverpool's 3rd though.

Difficult one, I think sometimes keepers make up their minds what they’re going to do, before the delivery has been made, consequently they sometimes get caught out, which is what I think happened here.

Sanchez had decided he was going to punch before the ball was struck. A punch was clearly the wrong decision, failing to make contact even more so!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Two dropped.

"Teams like Liverpool"

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
A point gained.

Yes, we could have won it but on balance - to the neutral - a point was fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
We were 2 0 ahead too early to say it was two points dropped. If it had been that at half time maybe. I think from a morale point as well it is wise to say that it is 1 point gained particularly as we needed to score an equaliser.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Two points dropped, Welbeck needs to start taking his chances

Genuinely annoyed that we only got a point at Anfield :lolol:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
A point gained. Against Liverpool, if you're 2-0 up it guarantees nothing. They, and City, when they turn things on can blitz team. They can easily create 4 or 5 clear goal scoring chances in a half. Losing would have been a kick in the nuts, but a point is decent.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Point gained. They had more possession, shots, shots on goal.. either side could have won and we nearly lost, starting the obvious, but clearly and obviously a point gained over 90 minutes

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Difficult one, I think sometimes keepers make up their minds what they’re going to do, before the delivery has been made, consequently they sometimes get caught out, which is what I think happened here.

Sanchez had decided he was going to punch before the ball was struck. A punch was clearly the wrong decision, failing to make contact even more so!

For the first 45 two points dropped, for the last 30 mins a point gained and that's what gets my vote.

Sanchez is still very young and will make mistakes, just like every player, but his will be very obvious. However when he does, a few seconds later he will still take the exact same risks and it will have absolutely no effect on his confidence whatsoever.

That is why he will be a top top keeper. All the greatest keepers are weird :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here