Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic Long Jump

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Yes our man won GOLD, but am I the only one who thinks this event was not given the dull coverage it deserves ?

I vividly remember Carl Lewis winning it in years gone by but tonight the whole competition wasn't given the whole coverage it deserved. It wasn't exciting, no drama, just fitted in between other events. Thoughts ?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
It was definitely given better coverage in olympics gone by. Felt sorry for Greg Rutherford as he was up against the tail end of Jess Ennis and the start if Mo Farrah. But Mr Rutherford didn't seem to care and why would he. Winning Olympic gold in front of a 80k + home crowd. Lovely stuff

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Via the red button, and I assume the extra channels on Sky you could watch just the long jump. Not the same though as if you had done that you will have missed Ennis winning and the start of the 10k

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The competitors should be made to jump over a tank of Piranhas or Alligators, that would focus the mind and ramp up some interest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
More's the shame he won his medal as Ennis had just won hers and Mo Farah was about to win his. I felt sorry for him, he dominated the event so it was never given the dramatic coverage of the other two. Shame, but he looked and sounded happy enough though.

If he'd been our only medal hope on the night it would of course have received massive hype and coverage

Edit it seems Rowley has already saud what I said :rolleyes:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When we did it at school there was always cat shit in the long jump pit. We always put it at about 3 metres. Sort of a qualifying distance if you like. Improved the standard dramatically.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes our man won GOLD, but am I the only one who thinks this event was not given the dull coverage it deserves ?

I vividly remember Carl Lewis winning it in years gone by but tonight the whole competition wasn't given the whole coverage it deserved. It wasn't exciting, no drama, just fitted in between other events. Thoughts ?
Nope, it was pretty dull. 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here