Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Ollie Robinson suspended by ECB

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The investigation is to establish what contract he was subject to at the time and what the provisions are under that for punishing what he did, and whether if he wasn't under contract what ECB measures he would be subjected to. That's what the investigation is covering.

How absolutely pathetic.

So, it's now down to all the legal stuff, rather than the fact he was a teenager, who made a bad judgement of error 10 years ago.

Pathetic....truly pathetic.

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
How absolutely pathetic.

So, it's now down to all the legal stuff, rather than the fact he was a teenager, who made a bad judgement of error 10 years ago.

Pathetic....truly pathetic.

Agreed
Absolutely ridiculous, pandering to the woke here.
A criminal who commits heinous crimes can get parole for good behaviour signalling a change of character yet this guy gets treated like this, complete nonsense.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is this really just England with a social media problem? I can imagine that some of the Aussie and Saffer players will have some juicy racist stuff on their social media history, having been brought up on a diet of The Twelfth Man's Wired World Of Sports. It's worth going through that Indian one-day squad one more time:

Openers Kutis Arminhaf and Sunil Havascar
Areel Madderfarker
Bitavah Kocksarker
Awundar Wersadunny
Mikharzabit Rusti
Rubish Binny (Left out by the selectors)
Madonna Khant Singh (Manager)
Mohamed Azabigun
Afukin Lottagudewaz
Snake Charmer
Aluv Slimdusty
Verri Farkinfunni
Drysa Nunsnasty

Is it wrong that, despite being opposed to racism and discrimination, I still find that funny ?

My surname translates to a very funny word in Italian. If ever I appeared in a team list and someone took the mick in Rome I'd be fine with it. Same if someone from India invented a modified list of team names in English to have a chortle to. I better not name my incontinent Pakistani fast bowler then.... You should have heard the jokes I was subjected to in Australia.

You see, my big fear is that racism and discrimination are being contested because of overly virtuous ideology. Racism and discrimination are subjects which shouldn't have to be up for debate.

It reminds me of jokes that me and a dear friend from Ghana shared. Me being a instant lobster dish in the summer, him not troubling the share price of the sunblock making companies. My, how many folk would be offended on our behalf.

It's about heart, context and intent. We have media publications in this country that know how to use the right language, but we know where their hearts really are.

Strange world.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well there is no doubt England have missed Robinson today.

We might not win a series for a while but the main thing is the team have an unblemished social media history.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well there is no doubt England have missed Robinson today.

We might not win a series for a while but the main thing is the team have an unblemished social media history.

I've felt for a while that Robinson was the missing cog. A land on a five pence seamer who can take wickets on any surface. Never mind. It still baffles me when one of the questions was his pace. I'm a village layman and I know what qualities are needed to succeed at Test level.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
This will rumble on for ages because of the ECB's incompetence. Having failed to do their job in the first place they will carry out the due diligence with zeal and in painful detail to show everybody what a grand job they are doing. They really are clueless and have no idea the way the modern world works

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1411248374695747586[/tweet]

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Ollie all padded up for his return fixture.

8B693CEE-656A-4887-B082-7F15971CFDDE.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here