Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Officials v Brentford

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
How on earth was that not a red? Closed fist. Bop in the face.
Gilmour took it like a man

Any other team ...... every single one ..... that opposition player rolls around squealing and smashing their arm on the floor. The ref gets cvalled to the monitor and .........

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Generally fine throughout, then they make the most f***ing ridiculous decisions. Wissa going mental at the ref after conceding an FK, no yellow. Then a few minutes later he literally PUNCHES Gilmour in the face and both get booked!

What a bunch of f***ing cretins. Should be more than a three game ban coming for Wissa but then it probably won't be, as I guess they will say the ref has 'already dealt with it'?

How the VAR ****s can sit there scratching their balls and miss that... Ineptitude on an unbelievable scale.

Maupay was all over Joao Pedro at corners as well and the ref clearly saw it as he went over to warn him before one was taken in the second half. The one in the first half could easily have been given.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I swear some people just disagree with every grievance on these referee threads to be contrary.

That is a red. It looked a red in the stand in real time. It looks just as much a red on each of the replays I’ve watched.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It was a closed fist. That’s a punch, even if it’s a soft one.
watching on Prime, Clattenburg said it should’ve been red.
Fair enough. As it was so soft I didn’t really pay attention to the shape of the hand. I watched on German Sky, they highlighted the incident but moved on quite quickly.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Got everything right tonight. Except the non-red. Absolute blatant sending off.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
& the buonanotte 'foul' in the corner in 1st half when someone dived & he got booked for it
I’m not sure if they’ll show it on MOTD or the highlights, but from the West Stand it looked a silly dive in and a foul.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Got everything right tonight. Except the non-red. Absolute blatant sending off.
Do you not think that shirt swapping should happen after the game? Only Moders had his nearly taken off him…ref blew but given how much of it the Brentford player had, a yellow card seemed obvious…well apart from to the ref

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I’m not sure if they’ll show it on MOTD or the highlights, but from the West Stand it looked a silly dive in and a foul.
I'm west stand lower 9 rows back. Right in front of me. I disagreed with the decision. Hopefully you'll hear me on motd

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A few standard shit decisions but at least nothing major - same with VA f***ing R

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Do you not think that shirt swapping should happen after the game? Only Moders had his nearly taken off him…ref blew but given how much of it the Brentford player had, a yellow card seemed obvious…well apart from to the ref
Law says that a yellow is given if a direct free kick is conceded in a reckless manner. Generally shirt pulling is a foul and get on with it, unless there’s a promising attack being broken up, which is covered by another section of the law.

Overall the point is that the game was far better refereed than the previous two, which were handled by “big name” refs Taylor and Pawson. Yet even the former referee pundits agree he got Wissa’s card the wrong colour. Maybe if another 5000 of us had made the effort to go to the game and joined in with the “off, off, off” the ref would have got it correct? :shrug:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Law says that a yellow is given if a direct free kick is conceded in a reckless manner. Generally shirt pulling is a foul and get on with it, unless there’s a promising attack being broken up, which is covered by another section of the law.

Overall the point is that the game was far better refereed than the previous two, which were handled by “big name” refs Taylor and Pawson. Yet even the former referee pundits agree he got Wissa’s card the wrong colour. Maybe if another 5000 of us had made the effort to go to the game and joined in with the “off, off, off” the ref would have got it correct? :shrug:
Thanks for clarifying that and agreed

Stumpy Tim

I thought he did well to be honest. Far better than the jokers we've had recently. You may disagree with the lack of a red (as I do), but he got most decisions right, and he let the game flow. And it was brilliant that he didn't stop the game when Mbeumo and Adingra went down injured.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I thought he did well to be honest. Far better than the jokers we've had recently. You may disagree with the lack of a red (as I do), but he got most decisions right, and he let the game flow. And it was brilliant that he didn't stop the game when Mbeumo and Adingra went down injured.
Yep. The game was all about.......the game. Refreshing.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
So good to see a ref play on when 2 players one Brighton one Brentford were rolling around dead. Both got up when he ignored them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here