Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official thread: *** Crawley v Albion *** Discuss it here

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Beach Boy hit the bar from about 40 yards didn't he? Or was that someone else, i dont bloody know, i know he had another good shot saved low down by the keeper.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
where was Danny? the only thing i can think of is Sir steve is trying and protect him from getting injured as Blackwell is already crocked.
thought David Lee had a slightly better game:jester:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
the right footed denilson said:
did the beach boy play?

No I didn't

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Typical pre-season game really. We had 80% of the possession, and after a scrappy 1st half, put them under sustained pressure in the 2nd, and the goals just looked like a matter of time. Time and again we were getting away down the wings.
McPhee took both goals well I thought. Got in front of his marker with a clever run to meet Wilkinsons low cross and slide it home from 6 yards. His 2nd was a peach, curling it high into the top right-hand corner of the net from just outside the area.

FDM not too clever for the Crawley goal, coming out miles to claim a corner he was never gonna reach, and after a couple of richocets, Armstrong battered it in off the underside. All in all though, we were ok. Didn't see too much from Wilson-Denis, but he's worth another look. Butters lumbered about but was generally in the right place at the right time. Hinsh was supporting well down the right. Roberts was hardly tested (he got the 2nd half).

All in all, a pleasant afternoon in the sun. Nice meeting Yorkie and Artois too.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
whos the beach boy?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
David Lee should be knighted.

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
Special mentions to David Lee and Guy Butters who looked like class acts yesterday. :glare:

Seriously,if we're getting rid of players those two have to go.

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Butters and Lee are on contract so we cannot get rid of them and no one else wants them.

At least they help to make up the numbers to field a reserve side -and you never know one of them might come good during the season - ok I can but dream!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
For me, the Beach Boy looked really promising at Arundel, and not good at all against Crawley... IMHO, he blew his contract chances yesterday, but he may just get one more shot at it...

The bottom line is that we are Bobby-less now, so we can't take too many risks on inexperienced forwards... need to find 2 quality proven strikers, and this WILL cost money...

We cannot mount a promotion challenge without spending some money... we have 3 weeks...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here