Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] ROSENIOR'S SELFLESS AMBITION

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
The Albion defender is focused on winning promotion.

Brighton & Hove Albion defender Liam Rosenior insists he would be happy to sacrifice not playing again this season, if it meant his team-mates managed to secure promotion to the Premier League.
The full-back spoke with Alan Wares on Albion Roar and stressed the importance of the club achieving success, with his own personal accomplishments coming second.
He said, “If somebody said to me ‘you’re not going to play again this season’ and we get promoted, then I’d snap your hand off at that.
“People think that being part of a team is just about the 11 on a matchday, but it’s so much deeper than that.
“I’m a senior player now and my role is to make sure everything in the dressing room goes smoothly, which includes the players supporting each other; and then if I do get a chance, they must support me too.
“That’s the reason we’ve done so well, there’s been a lot of talk about team spirit and you can’t artificially create that, it’s something that has to be grown organically.
“We’ve got a good blend of people at the moment, not just in the team but also in the staff, and it all adds up to people pulling in the same direction.”
The 32-year-old has been out injured since August, but spoke about his recovery and how it’s been for him watching the Seagulls rise to second in the Sky Bet Championship.
“I had some good news when I saw the surgeon who operated on my ankle, and I’m looking at maybe three or four weeks now, which is fantastic.
“I’ve started running again and all the hard work is paying off, so hopefully I’ll be out to help the team get somewhere special, which would be the Premier League.
“I had a bad injury last season as well, which was really difficult because we were at a good stage pushing again, so it’s really difficult mentally to believe you’re going to come back.
“But so far so good, and seeing as the team are doing so well at the moment, it’s made it easier for me on the touchline to watch and enjoy how well they’re playing.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Rosenior believes Albion must keep the togetherness shown throughout the club, as the Seagulls look to continue their challenge at the top of the table.
“On the pitch we need to just keep going, not get carried away and stay focused. We’re having a lot of really good things said about us at the moment.
“One thing I’ve learned about the manager [Chris Hughton] is that he never gets too carried away and he never gets too low.
“The supporters need to stay that way too, because there’s going to be blips, but it’s all about how we respond as a group.
“The moral of the club is ‘together’, and it’s not corny or artificial, it really does stand for what the club is about at the moment.”
You can catch the hour-long interview with Liam Rosenior this Saturday 19th November at 12pm on Radio Reverb 97.2FM (repeated Monday 21st November at 9am), online at radioreverb.com, on DAB or on podcast via iTunes and [url]www.albionroar.co.uk[/URL]

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here