Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
01-lead-sh229-1618290_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia is the new Albion manager.
Image by: Action Images

PUBLISHED
06:00 7th June 2014
by James Hilsum
You cannot underestimate the experience he’s had in Germany, which is top class. "
Mark Lawrenson
2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

Former Brighton & Hove Albion defender, Mark Lawrenson, praised the club’s appointment of Sami Hyypia as the new first-team manager and believes the Finn would have learned a great deal from coaching in Germany.

Hyypia spent the past two years at leading Bundesliga side, Bayer Leverkusen and Lawrenson believes his experience of managing at the highest level will be invaluable as he takes charge of the Albion.He told seagulls.co.uk, “First and foremost, I think it’s a good appointment.
“Yes he’s still young and learning his trade a little bit, but to go to Leverkusen and start as joint manager before taking over the club will only help Brighton and Sami Hyypia.
“You cannot underestimate the experience he’s had in Germany, which is top class. He was preparing teams to face the likes of Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund, who are both European Cup winning sides.

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

“Obviously he wouldn’t have seen much of Brighton over the last 18 months, but he’ll have done his homework and seen how far the club has come in recent years.”Lawrenson also believes the new manager will instantly command respect in the dressing room and from the Albion fans.
“I think he’ll be a very good man manager; he’s a really nice guy and I don’t think he’s likely to shout at anyone or throw tantrums.
“I’m sure that all the players will enjoy playing for him and everyone behind the scenes will realise what a good guy he is.
“That doesn’t necessary guarantee you will be successful, but I will be surprised if he isn’t.
“The fans will also be delighted to have him on board.* He’s already held in high regard and they’ll get behind him, there’s no doubt about it.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here