Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] KNOCKAERT PRAISES ALBION'S TOGETHERNESS

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
The Frenchman speaks about a special environment at the club.

Anthony Knockaert believes the togetherness with the Brighton & Hove Albion squad can take them far this season and praised the club’s fans for their tremendous support.Knockaert has been in superb form this season, and feels the unique team spirit and the backing from the fans has created a great environment.
He said, “It’s something special here. The relationship with my team-mates has never been like this. Everyone loves everyone, and it’s like we’re brothers.
“We’re like family. At other clubs, some players don’t like others. But here, I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like someone else.
“The team spirit is unbelievable, that’s why we’re so good on the pitch.* Obviously sometimes we have a little argument on the pitch, but after two minutes, it’s done.”
“It makes me feel good that people realise I’ve got Premier League quality. All I need to do is stay exactly the same, change nothing and always train hard.
“The fans recognise that I give everything for them, and when you see the support they give us every game, like when we’re playing at home, it makes me so happy.”
The Frenchman has scored four goals so far this season and says it is always a confidence boost when he makes a positive start to a game.
“The first few touches are always important for me, because then I know how I’m going to play, even though that sounds crazy.
“I’m always a confident person before going on the pitch, but obviously you get a little more confident when you go past players.”
“When it’s not going well, I get a little bit frustrated, but there’s nothing wrong with that. I always have that passion in every game, and that’s how I am.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

The 24-year-old has received plenty of plaudits for his scintillating attacking play this season, but understands the importance of helping his team-mates in both directions.“For me as a winger, it’s important to think about the shape first. I think you can see that, as I always work a little bit harder away from home, especially defensively.
“I have to stay focused on myself, nobody is going to put pressure on me or make me scared, so the most important thing is to help my team-mates defensively, and do my best offensively as well.
“You have to think about the team, if you want to get promoted. I’m happy to play badly, as long as the team win the game.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here