Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ch-l229-3309624_613x460.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:37 16th September 2016
by Kieran Cleeves
Albion's manager highlighted Burton's massive strides in recent years.
I think they've made some very good choices with their managers over the last few seasons."
Chris Hughton
Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton believes Burton Albion’s shrewd managerial appointments have been major factors in their back-to-back promotions from League Two to the Championship.The Seagulls boss is impressed with the noticeable progression made by Saturday’s opponents, and commended Brewers boss Nigel Clough for his impact at the Pirelli Stadium.
He said, “I think they've made some very good choices with their managers over the last few seasons, and I think that’s a big part of the reason why the club has been successful in getting promotions.
“He’s done outstandingly well [Nigel Clough]. He had a tough act to follow, in Jimmy {Floyd Hasselbaink}, who did very well there, but I think he’s just kept it going.
“They have one of the smallest budgets in the league, which means they have to work other ways and get the best out of the team, and he’s certainly a manager who can get the best out of what he’s got.
“They’ve started very well. It’s always very difficult for the teams that come up [to the Championship], but they’ve certainly got unity in their team and they play for each other.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Hughton’s team returned to winning ways against Huddersfield Town on Tuesday, following consecutive defeats to Newcastle United and Brentford.The Albion manager was delighted to grind out a win over the Terriers, and highlighted the jubilation felt by the squad after ending their losing run, before travelling north this weekend.
“We were on the back of two defeats, and there certainly wasn’t any embarrassment from the Newcastle defeat, because even in a game that we didn’t play that well in, we arguably had the two best chances.
“There was more disappointment for us in the Brentford game, as we were at home and looking to get back to winning ways, and that probably showed in the goal [celebration] from Tuesday night.
“It’s not been like us to be on the back of two defeats. The way the game was going, I thought we were the better side and had two really good chances, but it looked like the type of game that was heading for a draw.
“It needed something, either a bit of quality or fortune to get back in the game, and the celebrations showed the desire in the players, and probably a bit of relief as well.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here