Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-ld229-3332296_613x460.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
22:35 27th September 2016
by James Hilsum
Albion's manager was pleased to grind out a result tonight.
I would have been a bit angry if we had come away with a defeat, but we certainly deserved something from the game."
Chris Hughton
Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton believes a draw was a fair result following a hard-fought encounter with Ipswich Town at Portman Road tonight.Albion were made to work hard for a share of the spoils, with Dale Stephens also sent off late on, and Hughton was satisfied with a point.
He said, “When you come away from home and you’re not at your best, then you’ve got to view a draw as a good result.
“It wasn’t the best of games; they’re a side that press very well and didn’t allow us to pass the ball around as much as we would’ve liked. It wasn’t a game where one team had a clear opportunity, either.
“They are a good side, press very well and are physical. We have got that physicality too and are a team that cope with this type of game, but what you’ve got to be able to do is to take your moments in the game that are going to break the deadlock.
“I would have been a bit angry if we had come away with a defeat, but we certainly deserved something from the game.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

The Seagulls boss reflected on the referee’s decision to send off Stephens for two yellow cards.“The referee let a lot go in the game, but one thing that we’ve got to learn is that referees are clamping down on dissent and I knew where Dale was coming from with his frustration [for a challenge on Bruno].
“That first booking was probably the one that probably got him sent off, and the second one was for a challenge [on Jonathan Douglas] he had to go for.
“He’s not quite got there and it is a booking. But I thought it was certainly a foul for the first one.”
Hughton also praised the performance of Sebastien Pocognoli on his league debut for the club and revealed that Beram Kayal will miss Saturday’s trip to Sheffield Wednesday.
“I thought he did very well considering that he hasn’t played too much football.
"We needed to bring him up to speed because Gaetan [Bong] would have played if he hadn't been suspended.
“We wanted a bit more time to get him up to the levels he needed to be at, but he did very well.
“Beram will be missing Saturday, but in these moments you are grateful for what we brought in the summer with Oliver Norwood and Steve Sidwell.
“These are moments you need your squad and need as many fit players as possible.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here