Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Official NSC Dog Bore Thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
On another note I’d like to apologise on behalf of my mate’s dog to everyone going tomorrow. 7.30 this morning, a perfect low tide for exercising them on and the dog with the world’s loudest bark decides to prove it right by Veltman’s house. Sorry Joel. Sorry Norman. Sorry Brighton fans.

:lolol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not on a wind up or looking for attention but the first 2 breeds you listed are responsible for several deaths of babies / young children over the last few years and caused some serious injuries to a fair few adults too .

Not a breed of dog I would want anywhere near children period . It’s also in my view usually the ‘wrong type ‘ of people that own dogs like that .

Please spare me the daft as a brush line , they can turn highly aggressive and dangerous in the blink of an eye .

And whilst it’s true to say any dog can suddenly turn it is an animal after all , the majority of other dogs with the exception of dogs like German shepherd and Rottweilers are not built powerfully enough in their jaw area to kill easily .

I think these types of dogs should be banned .

And yes I do know a small child that was seriously hurt by an American pit bull .
Utter bollocks. Almost all breeds are capable of turning on you but 99.99% of the time it's all to do with how they are brought up - much like children.

Like the generalisation though - it's like all Americans are stupid because of the right to bear arms .... ohh ...

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let’s not go all Bear Pit, people make choices and their choice of dog their choice. Aggressive dogs generally have aggressive macho owners, interspersed with people who haven’t got a clue how to train or handle a dog and bought it as a status symbol.

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
Nice, I really like lurchers. A breed apart, although have recently departed from the 50% sighthound. Have 2 lab/greyhound/American staff crosses that are bags of fun. Faster than similar dogs but my 10 Yr old lurcher absolutely destroys them for pace still.

Three dogs is certainly one too many though
Theres never enough dogs !
Not sure I'd have a terrier/lurcher mix again. The Patterdale in him makes him like a sighthound on steroids, he's fine with other dogs great with people and really patient with kids but any cats, squirrels , badgers, cows etc he's bloody psychotic .
That said 99% of the time he's just a lovable idiot !

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
My Rosie was a Staffie/Jack mix, passed away nearly three years ago at the age of 14. I still miss her every day.

Soft as shite she was, but she was trained to within an inch of her life. No matter what type of dog you've got you always have to be aware of your surroundings. With Rosie people were never a problem, but I'd always avoid going near guard breed type dogs, huskies or other female Staffies. She just didn't like them, with the exception of a female German Shepherd who was one of her best mates, so you can just never tell.

IMG_20180423_173226.jpg

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Personally it appears to me that there are too many of the wrong people owning the wrong types of dogs. Way too powerful dogs with ridiculous bite strength requiring dedicated training and more ideally suited to being a working and/or guard dog. Sadly we have feckless owners buying them as status symbol pets revelling in walking down the road with a scary looking dog.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Theres never enough dogs !
Not sure I'd have a terrier/lurcher mix again. The Patterdale in him makes him like a sighthound on steroids, he's fine with other dogs great with people and really patient with kids but any cats, squirrels , badgers, cows etc he's bloody psychotic .
That said 99% of the time he's just a lovable idiot !
Haha, they do like to hunt for sure. Though I found it easier to avoid with lurchers as you should see the prey before them with the height advantage. My lab crosses have such good noses that they smell deer at a hundred yards. Just back from Czech Republic national park, they were in heaven

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Rescued this trouble maker from the streets of Bulgaria. Cost me several thousand pounds in damage and vet bills. Love her to bits but my god she’s hard work. Luckily she’s now trained and behaves and I still have my marriage. Just ……

Attachments

• A182FB6F-CAEF-4BAA-B361-C1EBDCF1258B.jpeg
    A182FB6F-CAEF-4BAA-B361-C1EBDCF1258B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Think this may amuse you. :smile:

Brilliant, my older one is an absolute fiend for water, thankfully he’s so well trained I can put him in and stop him and handle him different directions…….however the younger one once he’s in he’ll quite happily swim around at his leisure chasing flies, butterflies, ducks, I’ve even seen him dip for fish !
Embarrassing but hilarious at the same time !

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Brilliant, my older one is an absolute fiend for water, thankfully he’s so well trained I can put him in and stop him and handle him different directions…….however the younger one once he’s in he’ll quite happily swim around at his leisure chasing flies, butterflies, ducks, I’ve even seen him dip for fish !
Embarrassing but hilarious at the same time !
:lolol:
I’m sure the dog in the story was having a great time and definitely didn’t need to be ‘rescued’

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
On a balmy summer's evening, birds are singing and a tranquil peace fills the air.

Oh no, some selfish dick thinks it's OK to let his mutt sound off for 10 minutes because 'it's him having fun and it hurts nobody'.

Message mate....nobody else wants to hear your dog.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
On a balmy summer's evening, birds are singing and a tranquil peace fills the air.

Oh no, some selfish dick thinks it's OK to let his mutt sound off for 10 minutes because 'it's him having fun and it hurts nobody'.

My neighbours dog was yelping at 4.50am the other morning, not once did they say stop, or even let it back in the house. You're right selfish dicks.
I actually followed a car today swerving all over the road, as I got closer I saw why, the lady had her pet pooch in her lap between her and the steering wheel, this was on a 60mph road. Then blow me down with another 10 miles of driving I followed a car full of dogs and two humans, one in the back and one driving. One dog was hanging out of the passengers side window and very nearly being thrown into the road while going around roundabouts, the woman driving was all over the place.
Surely this has to be illegal?

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
our dog is going through her teenager phase and she has worked out that it’s a lot easier chasing after a ball when it’s thrown downhill on a walk

Attachments

• 3d2de8b1-cc7c-4d2f-8e40-7cfc6e01dc1c.jpeg
    3d2de8b1-cc7c-4d2f-8e40-7cfc6e01dc1c.jpeg
    543.5 KB · Views: 35

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Pointless post unless the dog owner is reading this thread. :moo: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here