Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Obviously not a cheap date.........

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

The Savoy and the Daily Mail a heady cocktail..........

Put me in mind of one of our first trips to Soho aged 18 in October 1982, we went into a strip joint, the 'hostess' told us we all had to have a drink so 4 halves of lager were promptly ordered.

"That will £36 please" (we had barely 20 quid between us) so the young lady behind the jump got one of the bouncers, the biggest black bloke I'd ever seen. to take our mate to the cashpoint, and stood over him whilst he got the money out.

I think we might have been ripped off back then....... :)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I remember you renting Nigel Erskine’s flat for an evening about that time for £5

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I would have been pissed off at the £18.90 option.......nearly 20 quid for something you can knock up yourself at home for under £1.89?
Carbonated wine, a bit of cooking sherry, juice from a used sock and a swish round with a gold necklace.....would've tasted the same :shrug:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Genuine pic from the drinks menu of a bar I was in around the time of the Queen's diamond jubilee.

10k for a cocktail (although it did admittedly come with a diamond).

Glad it wasn't my round!

20231115_171040.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would have been pissed off at the £18.90 option.......nearly 20 quid for something you can knock up yourself at home for under £1.89?
Carbonated wine, a bit of cooking sherry, juice from a used sock and a swish round with a gold necklace.....would've tasted the same :shrug:
Would of preferred a pearl necklace.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
HAVE!punish:Come on dude, we've talked about this:tantrum:
I used the wrong word to signal a puerile joke that I, a man of infantile disposition, was unable to resist posting.

Although it would perhaps of been better had I desisted. Me bad.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'm more alarmed at HWT referring to pearl necklaces. He normally comes across as being so erudite and considered, and 'above that sort of thing'.

He's obviously got worked up by thinking about the filthy Kirsty Young....

Need to read the second line of his post signature..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here