Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Xbox 360 repairs

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Does anyone have experience of getting an Xbox 360 repaired that has 2 red lights on? My son has one with this problem. The warranty has runout. I've found a couple of companies in Brighton via Google. Just wandered if any of you have used them for repairs, cost etc?

Thanks in advance.

GG

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Un-Plug everything then plug it back in, usually works for my brother, he has 3 rings sometimes, he was playing on his xbox on its side, changed it to upright to stop it from overheating.

Last edited:

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
this has happened with mine before and this is what i did

Wrap the Xbox in a tea towel/normal towel (whichever is available) with the xbox turned on, leave it on for 20/30 minutes then turn the xbox off, unwrap the towel and turn it back on, it should work then

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
this has happened with mine before and this is what i did

Wrap the Xbox in a tea towel/normal towel (whichever is available) with the xbox turned on, leave it on for 20/30 minutes then turn the xbox off, unwrap the towel and turn it back on, it should work then
Sounds like putting it in an oven to re-melt the solder.

Alternatively, put it in a bag and use the mobile BIN service.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think 2 red lights is quite fixable and there seem to be a few suggestions around from doing a Google, I had 3 red lights on mine and it was terminal :down:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I think 2 red lights is quite fixable and there seem to be a few suggestions around from doing a Google, I had 3 red lights on mine and it was terminal :down:

I fixed mine a couple of times using the x clamp fix, respacing the board, and putting new silver paste. It worked for a few months each time before I gave up and bought a new one.

By all means try the fix but nothing will be long term.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here