Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Getting rid of cat fleas

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Go to the vet and get advocate its expensive but does work and is much better than front line - spray the house with flee spray = once the cat is protected by the advocate and the flees start to die you will see reduction in the flees as they will not be able to feed of the cat and they will all eventually die but this can take a few weeks - you must persist with the treatment over about a 3 month period.

When we moved into our house in brighton it was a flee pit from previous owners cats and dogs this does work you have to be persistent good luck

My vet stopped giving out Frontline a couple of years ago because Advocate is much better.
My old male cat got a tick on his ear. We soaked some cottonwool in white spirit and then smotherd the tick with it. It dropped off a couple of hours later.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I brought a special Flea spray that they sell in Coombes, Baker Street, Brighton. Cost £18 and had to spray all carpets in the house. Not a flea in sight the next day and none in the last 6 months. It's no good shampooing the cat because the fleas live on the floor, they only go on the cat when they are hungry.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
There is a very simple solution to getting rid of cat fleas ..... GET RID OF THE FECKING CAT.

Cannot understand people who have animals covered in fleas and ticks living in their houses.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Frontline behind the neck. Fleas bite cat and die.

Other option is take cat to Croydon, and watch the fleas jump off in search of prime grazing.

Chris45

Jul 29, 2010
I had a problem when I took a cat in, I was advised to use Acclaim spray for the house, I followed the instructions and didn't find another live flea after, it last's for 12 months and also kills spiders and anything else, if you keep fish though as I do cover them well and turn your filters off.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Vapona fly killer-the plastic ones that look like air fresheners. Got this tip from my Canadian vet. Apparently, it not only kills the fleas, it stops the eggs hatching which is important if the fleas are in your house. It kills the little ba**ards, no matter where they are hiding-carpets, soft furnishings, etc.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Threads about urine infections and now cat fleas: have I accidentally stumbled upon the Woman's Weekly website? :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here