[Albion] Number 10

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
d43fb418806c166f031e4fb4194b1d61.jpg

Dun Lurkin

Feb 20, 2023
No. 10 probably being reserved for when we sign Messi.
No.16 seems to be little used as well. Going back through my records I can only find Jahanbakhsh in recent times. Before that it was Ankergren, Hawkins and Kuipers. (no doubt some stato will correct me on this!)
I think a lot of players like to keep the number they are first allotted which could explain the lack of change in many cases.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
No. 10 probably being reserved for when we sign Messi.
No.16 seems to be little used as well. Going back through my records I can only find Jahanbakhsh in recent times. Before that it was Ankergren, Hawkins and Kuipers. (no doubt some stato will correct me on this!)
I think a lot of players like to keep the number they are first allotted which could explain the lack of change in many cases.
Didn’t Scherpen have 16 for a while?

Dun Lurkin

Feb 20, 2023
Yep, Scherpen was 16 in both 2021-22 and 2022-23 (although obviously out on loan for much of that time). Ulloa was 16 when he came on loan in 2017-18.
I knew I would be corrected. My research not sufficiently in depth. Missed Ulloa, but Scherpen never appeared for first team did he?

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
I think we may be reading too much into this numbers lark- having watched ice hockey now and American sports with a big squad, forget the days when it was TBA or Gerry Ryan as #12

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I think we may be reading too much into this numbers lark- having watched ice hockey now and American sports with a big squad, forget the days when it was TBA or Gerry Ryan as #12
That’s what I was thinking. Pervis is still no 30 and Veltman is 34, it’s not like they aren’t key players in the team. I suspect we are making more of it than it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here