Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC REMF Snooker?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
My mate and I used to get down to Riley's in London Road for the odd evening on the green baize, but now he's got a couple of kids he ain't allowed out any more. :nono:

So I wondered whether there are any other would be snooker players on NSC? and whether we might get a few people together for the inaugural NSC REMF Snooker Challenge? in the same spirit as the now legendary REMF Golf match.

I haven't any idea on format or anything, but an evening or an afternoon down at Riley's with a pitcher of beer is a fine night out. And if those bar room sportsmen like me can contribute like the footballers and golfists do, that would be a fine idea I reckon.

So your thoughts on participation and potential fomats would be most welcome.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I'm *very* out of practise but would be well up for a tourney of the snook.

Do maybe world cup format with groups (and seeds) then quarters / semis / final ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Or pool or darts or mud wrestling.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'd be up for it though having a best break of 30 odd would surely go out in the first round, oh well its taking part that counts (and getting pissed and raising some dollar)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How about hiring a pub for a private Meat-Up and a Killer Pool tournament? Upstairs at the King & Queen, something like that. Chuck in a bit of nosh, a raffle, fiver entry, all proceeds to REMF. What's not to like?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
sorry for bouncing this, but does a Sunday night NSC audience think this has got legs?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am happy to help orgainse this but I would suggest pool rather than snooker. Hiring a pub with a bit of nosh would be a good idea.

Maybe April sometime before the REMF 8 football match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here