Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC causing browser to hang today - anyone else?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Four times today my chrome browser has locked up when I have opened up a new tab (or tabs) in NSC. Whilst I have other tabs open, I'm pretty sure it has been NSC causing the issue. In each case I have had to use "End Task" to shut down chrome and re-start. Has anyone else experienced this?

Could it be a rogue ad @Bozza?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I had that yesterday. I knew when it was going to happen, as the cursor flickered for a second or two.
It appears to have sorted itself out now.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Not going to pretend to be an expert on this, but generally whenever a site change has been made and problems occur, Bozza normally recommends clearing cookies relating to NSC and then seeing if the problem persists.

I’d always say it’s worth a try if problems seem site-specific and there is an option somewhere in Chrome to only clear cookies that relate to a specific site.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I've been having similar issues on mobile chrome for weeks now. NSC also crashes other apps.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
An unusual thing that's been happening to me recently, for the past 2 weeks or so - NSC will work fine on my iPhone while connected to WIFI, but if I'm using mobile data (5G) nothing loads, I just get a blank white page. I'm browsing from Greece so probably something to do with DNS or IP issues.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nothing has changed at all on my end, so it is likely a rogue ad.

These are notoriously difficult to trace due to the way ad targeting works. I'm on NSC for much of the day nearly every day on both Chrome and Safari, and I've not had an issue at all.

I'll raise it with the ad partner, but if you can DM me screenshots when it happens, it may help if I'm able to spot any kind of commonality in what is on screen.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Nothing has changed at all on my end, so it is likely a rogue ad.

These are notoriously difficult to trace due to the way ad targeting works. I'm on NSC for much of the day nearly every day on both Chrome and Safari, and I've not had an issue at all.

I'll raise it with the ad partner, but if you can DM me screenshots when it happens, it may help if I'm able to spot any kind of commonality in what is on screen.

When it happens to me on mobile, it's hard to screenshot. The screen freezes while it cycles through telling me about non-browser apps that have crashed, before then crashing (and closing) Chrome. When I re-open Chrome, it'll open back up on the page I was on *before* the crash happened. Reported it back in August here: https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/nsc-crashing-android-device-last-night.403063/

It's been bad enough that I've pretty much stopped using NSC on mobile at all. Will give it another go over the next few days, as I can see the StreamTime thing has disappeared (which might prove / disprove my theory from back in August, and would then suggest that the similar issue some have had on desktop Chrome are unrelated).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Four times today my chrome browser has locked up when I have opened up a new tab (or tabs) in NSC. Whilst I have other tabs open, I'm pretty sure it has been NSC causing the issue. In each case I have had to use "End Task" to shut down chrome and re-start. Has anyone else experienced this?

I get that too sometimes on chrome, having to resort to Championship level browser of Samsung.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

I've had the same issue for a few weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here