Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Not Under The Radar anymore

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
“Tony Bloom is the only reason”

OK if I don’t agree with that? Without DK TB may not have had a club to lead to where we are, and that is taking absolutely nothing away from the miracle TB has overseen.
There’s an argument that the sadly departed Sarah Watts, Roy Chuter and Ed Bassford are all factors as to why we are where we are now. (And before the JCL’s and the Albion millennials bombard me with abuse they are IMHO)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
“Tony Bloom is the only reason”

OK if I don’t agree with that? Without DK TB may not have had a club to lead to where we are, and that is taking absolutely nothing away from the miracle TB has overseen.
It's absolutely fine not to agree with something, I would have thought that comes hand in hand with accepting someone might disagree?

The context of the piece was where we were when TB took the reigns to where we are now. I didn't think it was a history piece on what got us to the start of TB's tenure, and didn't need to be. When TB effectively took over we were in League One at the WIthdean which is the point of reference Jordan made. Not sure he needed to go into how amazing it was that DK got us to that point. It wasn't whitewashing anything. In my opinion like.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
"Mitoma is not just able to beat Trent Alexander-Arnold every time he runs at him, he can also write a lengthy essay telling the Liverpool full-back exactly WHY he keeps beating him.

His is a story so very ‘Brighton’ that it actually sounds made up."

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Dick Knight being whitewashed out of any plaudits for our success again, which is a little sad imo. Yes of course where we are now is 100% down to Bloom but DK did some hard yards after the asset stripping that would have sent most clubs to the wall, he is a big part of our history for me.
Is his ban over yet?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dick Knight being whitewashed out of any plaudits for our success again, which is a little sad imo. Yes of course where we are now is 100% down to Bloom but DK did some hard yards after the asset stripping that would have sent most clubs to the wall, he is a big part of our history for me.

That’s a strange take on what was being said there.
I disagree. Jordan says "when you take a look at that club from where it was under Dick Knight to where it is now, that's down to one man, Tony Bloom"

While that's not entirely incorrect, it does ignore the journey that preceded that bit - namely the "91st in the football league and no home" to "back in Brighton and promotion as Champions through 2 divisions, and even a couple of Championship seasons". That bit is being totally ignored by these pundits, but to supporters of our club over the age of 30, it's every bit as important.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I disagree. Jordan says "when you take a look at that club from where it was under Dick Knight to where it is now, that's down to one man, Tony Bloom"

While that's not entirely incorrect, it does ignore the journey that preceded that bit - namely the "91st in the football league and no home" to "back in Brighton and promotion as Champions through 2 divisions, and even a couple of Championship seasons". That bit is being totally ignored by these pundits, but to supporters of our club over the age of 30, it's every bit as important.
The statement is correct. There is no 'not entirely incorrect' about it. It was a segment about Tony Bloom with Jordan talking up how fantastic an owner he is, he had about 3mins on it. It's Talk Sport not Talk Albion.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The statement is correct. There is no 'not entirely incorrect' about it. It was a segment about Tony Bloom with Jordan talking up how fantastic an owner he is, he had about 3mins on it. It's Talk Sport not Talk Albion.
Pick on semantics all you like, the fact is that Icy's belief that DK is being airbrushed out of the success story definitely holds water. That TalkSport excerpt is case in point. That's all I'm saying and it isn't a "strange take" to suggest otherwise.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Pick on semantics all you like, the fact is that Icy's belief that DK is being airbrushed out of the success story definitely holds water. That TalkSport excerpt is case in point. That's all I'm saying and it isn't a "strange take" to suggest otherwise.
Semantics - Jordan is the one who actually mentions Dick Knight, if he hadn’t mentioned him at all, I might take your and Icy’s pov.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here