Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Not sure if its been covered but can we take a moment to address the pre match entertainment at St Marys?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
What was that?? I can't tell whether it's ironic or appropriate that (Mr Cohen notwithstanding) they seemed to bring a band out to play a funeral march.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What was that?? I can't tell whether it's ironic or appropriate that (Mr Cohen notwithstanding) they seemed to bring a band out to play a funeral march.
They’re worse than the Falmouth Marine Band who used to get wheeled out at Cornish rugby matches (FMB being deliberately crap)

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Its been the same for the past few visits there.
Theu all seemed clinically depressed anyway. Last thing they need is a naff slow brass band
Then at half time did a version of Fairytale of New York with what looked like two X factor rejects singing . Absolutely dreadful
Oh my god I'd blocked that out of my memory. The whole thing was horrendous.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I know that I am old fashioned old codger but I was cheered by the sight of a brass band. ( All right, I know I was watching on telly)
Anything would be better than the ear splitting racket that we are subjected to at tha Amex!

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Really enjoyed the slowed down version of ‘what the f***ing hell is that’ accompanied by the brass band.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I must be in the minority on here because I liked it. We have FBS with Right Here as the warmup for GOSBTS which is a rousing song and gets most of the stadium up and clapping. They've gone one better with their own band who march live in the stadium playing When the Saints. Starting slow and with almost perfect timing they burst into life at the halfway line at which point the crowd should be on their feet clapping, stomping and singing as the teams come out. Wrong. Near silence from the crowd and no teams.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
They used to play a Southampton-themed version of My Way over the PA before kick-off, which was one of the most laughable and excruciating things since the Reading club song. At least there's some logic about the band playing When the Saints Go Marching In - especially the funeral pace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here