Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Not Done & Dusted Yet.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Only three games left admittedly, but after Villa's 2-0 win against Palarse we are now 'only' six points clear of a relegation place, and if Bournemouth manage to beat Leicester later, just five. West Ham now have a better goal difference too.

Still unlikely to happen l grant you, but it isn't all over until the fat lady sings. but after two heavy home defeats, let's see how we react at Southampton, l really would like another few points on the board just to make sure.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Only three games left admittedly, but after Villa's 2-0 win against Palarse we are now 'only' six points clear of a relegation place, and if Bournemouth manage to beat Leicester later, just five. West Ham now have a better goal difference too.

Still unlikely to happen l grant you, but it isn't all over until the fat lady sings. but after two heavy home defeats, let's see how we react at Southampton, l really would like another few points on the board just to make sure.
You & me both. We have a habit of capitulating when the pressure is on. Bournemouth win and the pressure ramps up a bit more. Southampton away is not an easy game to get points from.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Not Done & Dusted Yet.

Me too. Still remember the perceived easy games home and away against Cardiff and how well that went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm guessing that the people worried about Villa and Bournemouth, haven't watched any of their games.

They are both shit. The idea that either of them can win 3 more games is ridiculous.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Remember as well Villa and West Ham cannot both win every game as they are okaying each other. A Villa win keeps the Hammers below us provided we pick up a point, and a West Ham win keeps Villa below us . We will not go down

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Remember as well Villa and West Ham cannot both win every game as they are okaying each other. A Villa win keeps the Hammers below us provided we pick up a point, and a West Ham win keeps Villa below us . We will not go down

West Ham and Watford also play each other further reducing the maximum points available for clubs below us. The loser of the game is going to see the pressure ramp up.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Don't think we even need to be looking at Watford & West Ham now. Neither Bournemouth or Villa will catch us.

My point being Villa beating West Ham May drop the Hamners into the bottom three rather than us

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

home and vigorously toweling ourselves off tho' :cool:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
If it stays like this , Bournemouth have to win all 3 to catch us. They have Man City away on Wednesday

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
West Ham and Watford also play each other further reducing the maximum points available for clubs below us. The loser of the game is going to see the pressure ramp up.

This fixture, and the fact that West Ham's other remaining games are Utd and Villa, and Watford's remaining games are City and Arsenal makes the combination of results required for us to be relegated even more unlikely. And even then that's on the assumption that we don't get another point and finish on 36.

As you say, West Ham v Watford is huge. I think a Watford win favours us the most, but even a Watford loss means they'd have to get 3 points from City and Arsenal, and draw means that both teams would likely have 35 points going into the final game.

150-1 is available at the moment. However, if you can be arsed to do the maths, I expect that a couple of accas with the various permutations required to relegate us would yield a better price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here