Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich interested in CMS (merged)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Heard from a friend that apparently a 3 mil bid has been rejected from Norwich for CMS. Personally I don't believe it as I think the club would snatch at that opportunity.

I think for the bid to be given any serious consideration it would have had to have been in excess of £4M as a replacement striker would cost the same. £3M wasn't good enough.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I think for the bid to be given any serious consideration it would have had to have been in excess of £4M as a replacement striker would cost the same. £3M wasn't good enough.

I would have bitten their arm off for £3M!!! Tried and tested in this division and hasnt come up trumps. money back deal looks a great bit of business IMO

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I would have bitten their arm off for £3M!!! Tried and tested in this division and hasnt come up trumps. money back deal looks a great bit of business IMO

dont agree he's tried and tested. played for weak pboro team and a bha team that didn't play to his strengths.

i think CMS would be more effective playing off a central target man from left or right - as David Villa plays. he naturally wants to run and chase, and watching him the other night drifting right and running at players, i couldn't help thinking he just needed that central link player to work off. so doesn't necessarily need to be a 2 upfront formation.

i'm glad he's on coach - but here's my question:

how possible is a deal to be struck without CMS being present for a medical? could such a thing have been done in advance, on the basis BHA wanted to arrange replacement first?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When you consider Rhodes went for as reputed £8m to only offer £3m for CMS would never be high enough as he is not 1/3rd as good as Rhodes on that basis it would have to be about £6/7m at least.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thank god you're not in charge. We've made a profit of >= £700k for Noone, and we've replaced him. You'd be happy with a profit of £500k for CMS, with no replacement, so we can spend the next few months without a first choice striker. Genius.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Thank god you're not in charge. We've made a profit of >= £700k for Noone, and we've replaced him. You'd be happy with a profit of £500k for CMS, with no replacement, so we can spend the next few months without a first choice striker. Genius.

I didnt say that did i.

Are you delusional enought to think that we will sell CMs for a profit? We would have to have another striker lined up obviously.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
From the Mirror, not that tabloids like this should be beleived,sorry if fixtures but I couldnt see it anywhere on the thread

Watch the birdie: Seagulls reject Canaries £3m bid for Mackail-Smith

The Brighton striker only moved to the Soutch Coast from Peterborough last summer

Window shopping: Chris Hughton is looking to strengthen his strikeforce
Matthew Lewis
Norwich had a £3million bid for Seagulls striker Craig Mackail-Smith rejected yesterday.

Brighton told Canaries’ boss Chris Hughton they cannot afford to let Scotland international Mackail-Smith leave unless Seagulls’ chief Gus Poyet can recruit a replacement.

Mackail-Smith only moved to the South Coast from Peterborough for a club record £3.5m fee last summer.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Fee for Noone nearer to £2m than £1m so we have made a lot more than £700k on Noone.

(That's from someone at Cardiff who seems to know what's going on down there.)

My guess is about £1.75m, but who really knows apart from a few people at both clubs.

It will certainly be more than the £1.5m that they offered last season - after all, he had just signed a new long term contract, we had no reason to sell, and he most certainly wasn't pushing for a move.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I didnt say that did i.

Are you delusional enought to think that we will sell CMs for a profit? We would have to have another striker lined up obviously.
You said you'd bite there arm off for £3m. You didn't say 'only if we have another striker lined up' which is kinda crucial.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's interesting that Chris Hughton thinks CMS will succeed in the Premier League when many people think he won't succeed in the Championship.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

But it wouldn't be a money back deal, we paid more and sure that Peterborough would have a sell on clause.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Not that it should influence anyone else, and I really don't know a great deal, but I'm largely chilled about things right now.

You see....look where your chilled approach got you...ahem...spot on...! ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here